Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Follow Up Endoscopy (and While We're At A Colonoscopy)

I go for my 1st follow up endoscopy on Wednesday. I've never had a colonoscopy done, and my doctor had said when I was first diagnosed that she would like to do one on me when I have my next endoscopy. I guess she actually wrote that on my chart because she didn't seem to forget. LOL!!

Not so psyched about the prep for the colonoscopy, but oh well.

I feel great, so I'm hoping the results of the endoscopy show my intestine is healing well. (I had total viloscopy; and the doctor had said I was a really extreme case).

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hope all is well and healing nicely!

I had both colonoscopy and endoscopy done at the same time back in April. It combo procedure wasn't bad at all, but you're right, that darned prep is not that fun, lol.

Good luck--I'll think nice thoughts for you Tuesday and Wednesday! (BTW, happy last night of Hanukkah!)

Awww, thanks!!! Same to you.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Good luck jillian! should all celiacs get a folllow up endoscopy and if so when. i really wouldnt want to. i hated it so much cause i woke up in the middle which was a little traumatizing :(

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Good luck jillian! should all celiacs get a folllow up endoscopy and if so when. i really wouldnt want to. i hated it so much cause i woke up in the middle which was a little traumatizing :(

p.s i emailed you some wedding pics

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)