Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sillyyakdidi

Snow Day In Tx!

I'm originally from NY where something like wet pavement does NOT get a snow day. But I woke up this morning and my university is closed over a wimpy wet sidewalk and an inch of snow on the grass, happy surprise! (I'm in TX), Anyone have any fun snow day ideas?

Gluten Free since April '04

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well of course you should spend the day studying!!

Or maybe bake some gluten-free cookies and lounge around feeling pleased with yourself for getting a free day off!

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I am in TX too! How cool is this? I am spending the day on the computer, LOL!

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Well, I don't know about yall, but I have had enough of this cold weather. I want my kids to go back to school! And I couldn't even take my dd to her 9 month check up cuz the dr couldn't even leave her home! She was frozen in! And my kids keep coming in from outside all wet and freezing.

I live in Tx so I don't have to deal w/ the cold weather! I want it GONE! The north can have it all back!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Do either of you live in north texas? i'm a member of the ntgig, which is one of the biggest gluten intolerance groups out there, and they are so helpful with cooking/finding places to eat!

Do either of you live in north texas? i'm a member of the ntgig, which is one of the biggest gluten intolerance groups out there, and they are so helpful with cooking/finding places to eat!

No, I am "central".

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Nope, I am in central Tx, halfway between houston and Austin. We have no local groups here. The closest one is about 45 minutes away. Too far for me!

And let me just say, I am so glad that everything is thawing out! I was really getting tired of staying inside!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Nope, I am in central Tx, halfway between houston and Austin. We have no local groups here. The closest one is about 45 minutes away. Too far for me!

And let me just say, I am so glad that everything is thawing out! I was really getting tired of staying inside!

ptkds

Is that around San Antonio? There is one there! But maybe my geography is all wrong...

Growing up in the great state of Texas I remember having snow days once in awhile. My dad still lives in TX and before he retired he did auto claims adjustments. He loved snow days, lol. Now living in Missouri the kids have been out of school 4 days this week, one of my employees is about to go nuts. When we used to ave snow days in rural West Texas we would build forts and have snow ball fights. Then go in for cookies and cocoa. Good memories. :rolleyes:

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

it was wimpy snow aroundhere, barely an inch. It was all melted by this morning. I was shocked when i was driving home to see someone had made a snowman! they must have taken all the snow from the entire darn block to do it lol.

Well, I don't know about yall, but I have had enough of this cold weather. I want my kids to go back to school! And I couldn't even take my dd to her 9 month check up cuz the dr couldn't even leave her home! She was frozen in! And my kids keep coming in from outside all wet and freezing.

I live in Tx so I don't have to deal w/ the cold weather! I want it GONE! The north can have it all back!

ptkds

No,no take it....it's a gift this year :lol:

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Do you mind telling me WHERE? I"m from Texas and was just wondering!!

Jenny....where are YOU? I'm in Missouri too. Just missed that huge ice storm to the north. Those folks are still without power after more than 2 weeks.

Negative biopsy for celiac 1980

Fibromyalgia 1980

IBS 1980

Interstitial Cystitis 1992

Systemic yeast

Diagnosed w/ Chronic Lyme Disease 2000

Diagnosed w/ Chronic babesia 2000

Tachycardia 2001

Asthma 2005

Have had Lyme and babesia for

about 48 yrs.

Began gluten-free July 19 '06