Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Nails

Does anyone know what kind of deficiency or imbalance is indicated by verticle ridges in your nails?

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No, I don't know, but would like to know as my ridges are vertical but not very pronounced, not like my sons who are definately more pronounced. I am the gluten intolerant and he has not been diagnosed.

Also my nails are still pretty brittle after a year of being gluten free, but they are probably a bit stronger than they were. Do they ever come right?

Cathy

No, I don't know, but would like to know as my ridges are vertical but not very pronounced, not like my sons who are definately more pronounced. I am the gluten intolerant and he has not been diagnosed.

Also my nails are still pretty brittle after a year of being gluten free, but they are probably a bit stronger than they were. Do they ever come right?

Cathy

Mine were very thin before I went gluten-free and are much stronger now. When I take a calcium supplement they get even thicker but I'm really hit and miss with it. I take it after dinner because they say it is absorbed better at that time of day but I feel so full I don't like to take it. Maybe that is just psychological. I take Naturemade and know it's gluten-free but the tablets are so big and they're made to be taken 2 or 3 per day. I take another supplement same size earlier in the day and that doesn't bother me. My ridges are fairly pronounced right now.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Interesting. Thank you.

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies