Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlutenWrangler

Another Idiot Doctor

First of all, whether or not I decide to do the test, nobody is going to die because my insurance company needs to make up the cost. That's an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

Second, I'm not angry about his differing opinion. I'm angry about the way he handled the situation. It was incredibly unprofessional and a giant waste of time for me.

Third, I'm aware that the elimination diet works. I realize that it may be the best method for detecting food sensitivities. But maybe I would like to have the test done, and try the elimination diet. Just to see what correlates. There should be no reason why I can't do that and not catch hell for it.

-Brian

Hi,

I think there have been some very negative things said about doctors, and I can't agree with painting them all with the same brush.

Brian, your doctor seems to have some personal frustrations that are emerging in his practice, and they may be getting in the way of doing good medicine.

My GP is kind of clueless about celiac, but he listens and he tries. My sig relates my experience with him when he diagnosed me. But I've just had to reassess my expecations of him. I go to a naturopath who knows exactly what she's talking about.

Of course, I'm lucky that I've got pretty flexible health care. I really feel for people who have to go to dr's like your allergist.

J.