Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flagbabyds

Seattle?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey Molly!

Chevey's Fresh Mex

3702 S. Fife Street, Tacoma

252-472-5800

has a gluten free menu.

If you want other suggestions for Seattle, let me know.

Lisa

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

There is an outback, just down the street on 38th also. As well as Marlene's market (health food store). They have some gluten-free goodies there. Which college are you looking at? I grew up in Tacoma. I can honestly say, that most of that city has gone to gangs and tweakers, that why I moved.

If you need to know anything about there let me know.

-Laurie

That is a good college. That is in the North end of Tacoma, which is a pretty decent area. If you were going to PLU, that is a different story. Great college, but it is located right on the edge of a kinda bad neighborhood. My parents still live there and I try to convince them to move, but they won't budge.

It will be a tough choice for you, they are both great colleges.

-Laurie

There is an outback, just down the street on 38th also. As well as Marlene's market (health food store). They have some gluten-free goodies there. Which college are you looking at? I grew up in Tacoma. I can honestly say, that most of that city has gone to gangs and tweakers, that why I moved.

Marlene's has a good selection of gluten-free stuff that's prepackaged - on the shelves and in the freezer section, but last time I was there it wasn't in its own section. Also, be careful about anything in their display case marked gluten-free - they don't "get" cross contamination and don't really care about catering to us. BTW - Marlene's is on 38th, not too far from Outback, very near the Tacoma Mall.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13