Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SandraNinTO

Baked gluten-free Pasta - Freezer Friendly?

Hi all. I LOVE Tinkyada brown rice pasta. I haven't tried it in a baked casserole yet. I would love to think I could freeze a baked pasta casserole. Has anyone got any experience with that? I'm not sure if I believe that it would hold up. But I really want the convenience. And maybe a recipe?

Sandra

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest cassidy

I have made lasagna and frozen it and it has been fine. It is also ok when if you microwave it after it has been frozen.

I made one the other week. I didn't freeze but refridged it overnight....it seemed fine. I undercooked it by a minute or two. That may have helped. I think it would be kind of mushy if you cooked it to the right texture and then used it, froze it, thawed it and recooked.

I'm interested to hear aobut freezing it b/c I have a recipe I'm making htis week that I have to freeze half of...I was nervous, but I think it'll be okay.

I've only ever made and frozen lasagna with Tinkyada, but let me tell you, it was even reheated from the freezer! It was fabulous! If your casserole requires a cream sauce or a lot of liquids, it may not work as well. You might want to try to make a small one and freeze it before making a family size meal.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004