Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiceGuy

The Poop Survey :blink:

What's your experience?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Bowel Frequency?

• More than 4 times per day
    • More than 2 times per day
    • More than once per day

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A6):
      Celiac.com Sponsor (A6):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A6-m):

Once per day
    • Less than once per day
  2. 2. Consistency?

• Diarrhea
    • Liquidy
    • Formless Sludge
    • Puree
    • Dry/Sandy Paste
    • Solid, Floating
    • Solid, Sinking
    • Hard
  3. 3. When?

• Before Gluten Free
    • Immediately Upon Gluten Free
    • Within a Week After Gluten Free
    • Within Two Weeks After Gluten Free
    • Within a Month After Gluten Free
    • Within Two Months After Gluten Free
    • Within Six Months After Gluten Free
    • Within a Year After Gluten Free
    • Over a Year After Gluten Free

The purpose of this poll is to try to get an idea of the kinds of "bathroom issues" one might expect from Celiac disease. Being a poll, no one need be embarrassed about adding their experience here. Of course, any posts on the subject are welcome too.

Hopefully this will help answer some questions from folks who are new to Celiac disease. Had more questions been allowed, I would have also added a question about any effects from supplements such as magnesium. Perhaps I'll make another poll for other stuff later if this one does well.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think you need two polls, one before gluten-free and one after gluten-free. Otherwise the data will be tough to decipher. j

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

I think you need two polls, one before gluten-free and one after gluten-free. Otherwise the data will be tough to decipher. j

Yeah, that's why I added a question for When. There really are a number of questions that should be included.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I can't believe I just took a poop survey :blink: It someone had told me a year ago . . .

"My mother always told me, it's okay to play with a man's mind

as long as you put it back where you got it when you're done with it."

JK,

I think we need a poll on whether we need two polls, or is it three?

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

I think your poll results just demonstrate the effect of participating in this online forum. People may come to this site confused and very ill with celiac disease, which is manifest by their stool appearance and frequency. Those who read and post regularly get information, support and encouragement to stay gluten free and/or consider abstaining from other food allergy sources. After a year or so, they get better and their poop appearance and frequency reflect their recovery progress. Of course some, like me, may take much longer to get better, but we still appreciate all the info and support here.

BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

I think your poll results just demonstrate the effect of participating in this online forum... After a year or so, they get better and their poop appearance and frequency reflect their recovery progress.

Yeah, I was beginning to wonder how many are answering with the way things are after a certain amount of recovery, rather than at the hight of the issues they experienced. The idea here is not so much to tell how long it takes to get better, but the range of such symptoms when the gut is having difficulties. Though I must admit it is helpful for folks wanting to know how long they might have to deal with certain issues.

Anyway, the survey really needs more questions. There are a number of things I was going to include when I posted it, and I've since thought of more. I may make a second part later based on how this one goes over the next day or two.

Yeah, I was beginning to wonder how many are answering with the way things are after a certain amount of recovery, rather than at the hight of the issues they experienced. The idea here is not so much to tell how long it takes to get better, but the range of such symptoms when the gut is having difficulties. Though I must admit it is helpful for folks wanting to know how long they might have to deal with certain issues.

Anyway, the survey really needs more questions. There are a number of things I was going to include when I posted it, and I've since thought of more. I may make a second part later based on how this one goes over the next day or two.

If you wanted to learn people's 'poop' experience BEFORE they went gluten free, you could state that in the first question, i.e., "What was your experience BEFORE you went gluten free?" and then listed each of the choices under frequency and consistency. Actually you could create several separate surveys by using each of the items under the 'When' section. As you initially stated the survey, I assumed you inquired where am I NOW, because I could only choose one item under each section.

BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.