Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ginag

Epilepsy, Candida, Parasites

I am not familiar with forums, but I know that I cannot do this alone. I am gluten intolerant, have epilepsy, candida albicans, and gastrointestinal parasites. Neurologists/Doctors don't seem to want to touch the idea of the diet playing a role in any part of this. My seizures have increased, and I am getting desparate for some guidance. My family wants me to get better, but is quick to believe that my meds should be changed. Does anyone have problems similar to the ones that I have listed ablove? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thak you

ginag

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am not familiar with forums, but I know that I cannot do this alone. I am gluten intolerant, have epilepsy, candida albicans, and gastrointestinal parasites. Neurologists/Doctors don't seem to want to touch the idea of the diet playing a role in any part of this. My seizures have increased, and I am getting desparate for some guidance. My family wants me to get better, but is quick to believe that my meds should be changed. Does anyone have problems similar to the ones that I have listed ablove? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thak you

ginag

I was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy in 1994. Looking back, all my seizures were right after major allergic reactions that could not be explained. (Hives, etc) Since gluten-free, I have not had any seizures. It is amazing what a difference it has made.

Thak you

ginag

Hello, my husband has gluten intolerance and we have been gluten free since last july. Eventhough his stomach/intestine problems got better in time, a lot of other things were still going on. during november-december, he started to have intense muscle spasms, jerks like seisures/epilepsy so we saw two different neurologist, they couldnt find anything..he lost 35 pounds.. he still has very low fever occasionally, therefore we suspect that he might have parasites, (although his doctor did a test last summer couldnt find anything) now he is seeing a nutritionist about that and this person thinks that the reason could be parasites and we are following his advices. it seems to help so far. I hope this helps.

Thak you

ginag

I can answer about the seizures, I had temporal lobe seizures for years, the only time I get them now is when glutened. The candida I know is fairly common amongst celiacs. As for the parasites, your doctor is the one to go to for this. He will give you some stool sample tubes with chemicals that you bring back to the lab that will clearly show any parasites that are present.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I have the exact same issues, seizures (no clue why-every test done possible)-candida, which i beleive, and stomach issues like crazy. A few days ago i went to a homeopathic doctor who did an allergy test and organ test, and it showed i was allergic to gluten/wheat/corn/caffeine..and the list goes on. So i'm on a strict diet, plus a candida cleanse and tons of vitamins. im drinking this liquid called"silver" which supposed to help. Also it showed my pancreas, small intestine, and adrenal gland were way off, and my ph was 5.5 should be 7 and over.