Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyalesyin

Cadbury's Cream Eggs

I thought I'd add my two cents. ;) Cadbury is made by Hershey's. Hershey's is a very unfriendly company to those on a gluten free diet, so I would not buy their products on principle. Also these eggs contain "natural flavors" so they will not tell you if they are truly gluten free! :angry: I need to do more research on glucose syrup before I make a decision about that.

Mars is a gluten free friendly company. Dove truffle eggs DO have gluten free ingredients...and they are DELICIOUS! (I didn't even buy any for my son's Easter basket for the fear that I'd eat them all! :P )

I thought I'd add my two cents. ;) Cadbury is made by Hershey's. Hershey's is a very unfriendly company to those on a gluten free diet, so I would not buy their products on principle. Also these eggs contain "natural flavors" so they will not tell you if they are truly gluten free! :angry: I need to do more research on glucose syrup before I make a decision about that.

Mars is a gluten free friendly company. Dove truffle eggs DO have gluten free ingredients...and they are DELICIOUS! (I didn't even buy any for my son's Easter basket for the fear that I'd eat them all! :P )

Totally agree. Dove has WAY better chocolate than Hershey's.

Yes, I just made the same discovery, having called Hershey's to ask if Cadbury bars were gluten-free. She said that although there did not appear to be any ingredients that had gluten, she would not commit to saying they were gluten-free. I couldn't believe it. They are the final authority; they should know what is in their products. Boo, Hershey's.

David