Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chatycady

Do Your Ears Ring?

My ears ring really bad when I'm gutened. Anyone else have this problem? Or is this unrelated? It is rather anoying at times.

Rheumatic fever at age 5 and again at age 6. Antibiotics for 6 years to prevent strep throat.

Anemia, Mono, Hepititis, Pernicious Anemia, Enlarged Heart, Osteopenia, Vitamin D deficiency, Ataxia, Digestive issues, reactive hypoglycemia, and on and on and on!

Following the SCD diet after gluten free didn't solve symptoms. Much better and getting back my life!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Research tinnitus. I have tinnitus and I truly do not think it is related to my celiac's. The ringing has been terrible for the last 4 months and I have not been glutened. The "eye" doctor I work for tells me that in the winter months when we have the heat going, the air inside is too dry and it dries out the mucous membranes in our bodies, giving us ringing in the ears and dry eyes. Not sure if he is correct, but it's possible. I also started taking Celexa about the same time the ringing started getting worse--could be that. I stopped taking my 81mg low dose aspirin and the ringing calmed for a time, yet this week, it has been back with a vegence. I have had tinnitus all my life, yet never like the last few months.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

My dad has tinnitus. He has also gone nearly 100% deaf. But his is most likely from to many blows to the head. LOL! Ok all kidding aside, he grew up in a very rough neighborhood in Brooklyn and even if he was looking for it he would end up in fights all the time. He had his head cracked open a couple times and later in his teens started training to be a boxer; which is what he was going to do until his brother told him he would kill him if he dropped out of high school to become a boxer. Hehe!!

So although we don't know 100% the doctors (and us) pretty much speculate that both his tinnitus and hearing loss are from all of that.

Like Deb said, look into the tinnitus. You never know, but I doubt it is celiac related.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

I have ringing ears ... it's from my Lyme Disease though, I have never seen it related to celiac.

If what Deb's doctor said is true, I'd bet you're getting dehydrated when you get glutened. I know I get dehydrated very easily when glutened.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

My ears ring really bad when I'm gutened. Anyone else have this problem? Or is this unrelated? It is rather anoying at times.

I've had it my whole life as near as I can remember. I had no idea until a few years ago when I read something about it and realized I had it. It was just there as far back as I can remember. The sound changes, but gluten doesn't seem to affect it one way or another. I'm so accustsom to the ringing it's background noise to me. I suppose if it ever stopped THAT I would notice.

violet

"My mother always told me, it's okay to play with a man's mind

as long as you put it back where you got it when you're done with it."

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bob Loblaw
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics