Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

8th Week Gluten Free

So it's been about two months now. I could discuss at great length the quality of my BMs, but suffice it to say things are great.

I'm no longer a slave to the bathroom. I don't have to worry on that hour long drive to work, "am I gonna make it?".....I can go on an hour long run and not get the runs...

Overall I basically feel better. In lots of little ways that are hard to quantify, with maybe even a bit of my imagination thrown in there.

My mood is more upbeat. When I get down, it doesn't last. I have more energy, more libido. Even when crappy things happen, I continue feel more upbeat about life. I don

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, it does become second nature :D

I think your post should be required reading for all those new to the diet who would like to know what to expect. There's no telling how many you have helped by sharing your "journey" with us.

Jerry, you are a true success story! B)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Isn't it wonderful to have your "crap" together! :lol:

Best RX? Ice Cream!

Positive Blood Test 2000

Negative Biopsy 2000

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Yeah, especially on those loooong car rides..... when you're lost.... in Idaho. Whoooo.....

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Yes! And I've never been more together :lol::blink::lol:

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

It's always great to see the "product" looking more healthy. :) I just had a big relapse in mine (due to eating corn... bleh!) and had to go looking for my stash of pre-moistened towelettes again.

I hear ya--I recently thought I could get away with Cool Whip (of all things). Between the corn and the casein, it wasn't at all pretty :ph34r:

Patti

Eating Gluten Free has become more automatic. It just feels right to avoid the bread and the breading and eat the fresh stuff anyway. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what to eat and although I've lost about 5 lbs now, I'm not starving. It never bothered me much to eat steak and potato's, I have a great excuse now.

Jerry,

As the weeks, months and years go by you will not even comprehend how to eat anyway but Gluten Free. I am glad to here that your health has improved.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Whoohooo!

I'm *very* happy to hear the 'it's getting easier' words!

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Whoohooo!

I'm *very* happy to hear the 'it's getting easier' words!

Tonight I rewarded myself with a hefty helping of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Gluten Free of

course. It was every bit as satisfying as any gluten containing food I've ever had. :P yum

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

You

Tonight I rewarded myself with a hefty helping of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Gluten Free of

course. It was every bit as satisfying as any gluten containing food I've ever had. :P yum

Dear JerryK,

You deserve the treat! You have earned it! ;) MMMMM! Mint Chocolate Chip! I miss that. I cannot have casein though. :( Maybe someone makes a safe version somewhere. I should check the healthfood store!

Dear L.A.,

:lol: Yep, he seems to have his "crap" together!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. A good name for a Celiac band: The Poo Fighters! :P

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

I've been bragging to my brother. He tells me I should go to "ratemypoo.com". Now I'm not sure

if that's a real website, but since I'm at work, I'll let that one go ;) Besides ;) the subject matter sounds a little crappy :lol:

Dear JerryK,

You deserve the treat! You have earned it! ;) MMMMM! Mint Chocolate Chip! I miss that. I cannot have casein though. :( Maybe someone makes a safe version somewhere. I should check the healthfood store!

Dear L.A.,

:lol: Yep, he seems to have his "crap" together!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. A good name for a Celiac band: The Poo Fighters! :P

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

You

I've been bragging to my brother. He tells me I should go to "ratemypoo.com". Now I'm not sure

if that's a real website, but since I'm at work, I'll let that one go ;) Besides ;) the subject matter sounds a little crappy :lol:

Jerry,

It's a real website, I have a 26 year old son--nuf' said :lol:

Don't waste your time.... <_<

Patti

Jerry,

It's a real website, I have a 26 year old son--nuf' said :lol:

Don't waste your time.... <_<

Thanks for the warning! You just made me crack up and spit coffee all over my monitor. Trust me, if I'm gonna take the time to look at pictures on the internet, ratemypoo.com isn't even on my list;)

Victoria's secret maybe...poo pictures...I don't think so.

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

You

Dear Jerry,

At work huh? :lol: Yeah, it might not be good if your boss caught you on that site! I know there are a lot crazy things on the net, but that one takes the cake! You might want to be concerned about your brother considering he knows about the site. :P Just a thought.

Dear jerseyangel,

Okay, I will scratch off your son as a possible date. :lol: Does it scare you that he is going to that site? It would me if I were his mom! Everyone has their hobbies, though. Some are just more unusual I suppose! Hmmm...maybe that band the Butthole Surfers started that site.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Dear jerseyangel,

Okay, I will scratch off your son as a possible date. :lol: Does it scare you that he is going to that site? It would me if I were his mom! Everyone has their hobbies, though. Some are just more unusual I suppose! Hmmm...maybe that band the Butthole Surfers started that site.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

:lol: Too funny! Naw--he's a normal, hard-working guy. Owns his own home, has a great girlfriend, and normal hobbies.

I think this falls into the category of farting and belching--you know, things guys somehow find hilarious ;)

Patti

Dear Jerry,

At work huh? :lol: Yeah, it might not be good if your boss caught you on that site! I know there are a lot crazy things on the net, but that one takes the cake! You might want to be concerned about your brother considering he knows about the site. :P Just a thought.

I am concerned. He says they have "names". He was particularly impressed with "The Hindenburg".

My brother is one sick puppy :lol:

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

You