Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pnltbox27

Still Have Symptoms

doing the gluten-free thing and i think its going o k but not great. my first week gluten-free was great but the last 3 or 4 weeks i cant shake the EXTREME GAS my wife and coworkers are getting pissed at me.my bowel movements have improved from big d all the time to somewhat soft ,so i know im doing something right but im still not there yet , i really try to read labels and i dont eat anything that looks like it would be bad . the only thing i havent done is check the shampoo etc...could it be that simple, or should i just start over and cut out dairy and go simple with rice ,potatoes and just the simple stuff.

diagnosed  Celiac in Feb 2007... having a real hard time commiting to the diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm betting you've become Lactose intolerant - as is often the case in recovering coeliacs.

Try cutting out the dairy for a while to see if it eases the gas :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Your intestinal bacteria might be all screwed up as well. Do you take probiotics?

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Your intestinal bacteria might be all screwed up as well. Do you take probiotics?

i dont know what they are

I was going to say the same thing Nikki said. Very often after you remove gluten from your diet, you find other sensitivities.

I have found recently, after almost 2 years gluten free that dairy can bring on the big bloat.

Also, the shampoo can be "as simple as that". Dove and Suave are gluten free (there are several others).

My bet is on the dairy. Hope you can work it out and you stop bombing your family and friends. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I was going to say the same thing Nikki said. Very often after you remove gluten from your diet, you find other sensitivities.

I have found recently, after almost 2 years gluten free that dairy can bring on the big bloat.

Also, the shampoo can be "as simple as that". Dove and Suave are gluten free (there are several others).

My bet is on the dairy. Hope you can work it out and you stop bombing your family and friends. :)

man that sucks about the dairy i was really hoping to exclude that as a last resort

Try going dairy lite or eliminating it for a week and see how your feel. Therein will be your answer.

Lisa

Try going dairy lite or eliminating it for a week and see how you feel. Therein will be your answer.

Lisa

I had pretty bad gas from dairy and eggs for awhile after going gluten-free. My theory is that before, I wasn't digesting them at all, then once going gluten-free, I was somewhat digesting, and that somewhat wasn't pleasant. I took some Lactaid, and just cut out the eggs for awhile. Finally once I was really healed up, I realized that I could eat these things again. You probably will too. For me, I was reacting so extremely to the eggs that I couldn't have 1 slice of gluten-free bread with eggs in it without regretting it later. I still use Lactaid and lay off the eggs if I've been glutened recently.

Catherine

Gluten Free Since 4/1/06 and feeling much nicer!

Weird, I'm the same way.

If I get glutened, I have to stay away from eggs or else my "exhaust" can do some serious damage - LOL

I would recommend goign dairy and egg free for a few weeks and then slowly add them in.

probably a good idea i also gave up diet pop i used to drink at least 12 pack a day now im down to 2 or 3 im slowly giving them up. i would go cold turkey but i tried it before and got wicked headaches, so ill do it in stages. thanks to all for the advice

probably a good idea i also gave up diet pop i used to drink at least 12 pack a day now im down to 2 or 3 im slowly giving them up. i would go cold turkey but i tried it before and got wicked headaches, so ill do it in stages. thanks to all for the advice

Dear pnltbox27,

I had to go dairy free myself. I was hoping not to have to exclude it, but that was not the case. I get so bloated! My colon also starts getting grumpy. The gas definitely is caused by dairy. It may be the casein, or the lactose. Just go without it for a while, then add it back in a small amount. I would say go without it for a couple weeks, then eat a Yoplait yogurt and wait a few days to see. You can have a delayed reaction. That is why you should not eat more after that. Otherwise, you will not know if that is what was causing the trouble.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. After your intestines begin to heal, you may be able to add dairy back.

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville