Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Hypoglycemia And Celiac Disease

I stopped at the bookstore last night, and saw a book that caught my eye. The "Idiot's Guide to Hypoglycemia"...I've been struggling w/ my hypoglycemia lately, when to eat, not eating enough, etc. So I thought I would browse it for a minute. There was a whole section about related disorders, and they said that there's a direct link between hypoglycemia and Celiac Disease. They even said that Celiac Disease is the most common food intolerance :)

Now I really wonder...I was dx'ed w/ hypoglycemia when I was 8. I've always had a "sensitive gut" but it didn't unbearably bad until a few years ago. I wonder if I was just gluten sensitive, or if I had mild celiac disease. When I was dx'ed w/ celiac disease, I had only mild malnourishment effects. So, what was it all those years? I remember almost every time I went out to eat w/ my family growing up, I would spend the rest of the night on the toilet. I thought it was just greasy/fried foods. I ate a lot of wheat bread, b/c of the hypoglycemia.

......I suppose it's one of those question's I will have to ask God someday......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

We just recently have been told that our daughter Thalia most likely has Celiac Disease.  It has not been an easy diagnosis for her because she has a chromosomal syndrome that affects the blood tests.  So, we have been instructed to put her ...
    Hey Posterboy! This is certainly interesting!  Are you donating blood on a schedule to reduce your ferritin?  My levels have been bouncing, so my doc is tentatively thinking it’s due to systemic inflammation. The verdict is in with my ...
    NNowak et Al, I think I might of found out why I have been having issues with iron overload IE hemachromatosis. I had caught up on this nutrient (or I thought) I had once so I wouldn't need to again....but I finding that is apparently...