Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRUMP 1

Piano

I am looking for some help. I have a piano I am looking to sell soon. But I am looking for some information on it and am not able to find any. So maybe some one out there can help me. It is a Hansel. It says on it Hansel The Wiley B. Allen co.. Also has Hansel E. G. Harrington & co. Makers New York. I have done an internet search on it but am not finding any thing.

Thank you,

Grump

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What sort of info are you looking for? I would recommend calling a tuner in the area who can come and look at it - an educated tuner will know it inside out.

Gluten-free, Vegan

Looking to see if I can find out how old it is. Try to find out what it is worth before I try selling it for to little or to much. Also so I can give more information on it when I list it.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

there should be a number inside the piano that tells when it was made. a piano tuner would be able to look this up for you.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

I second the motion to check with a piano tuner. Last time I had mine out I asked him how much my piano might be worth and he took out a little book with alot of pages and lines with all makes and kinds of pianos. I thought that mine might be worth something as it is a 40+ yrs old upright piano in excellent condition, actually made out of real mahagony wood......but it's not. Mine has the name Hobart on it and was distributed by Marshall Field's and Company (the infamous Chicago store that Macy's bought out) but I think it's really a no name......and it was in there! Hope that this helps.........Good luck! Angel