Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sparkles

Wildfire ?

My kids are taking me to Wildfire for Mother's Day. Any suggestions as to what is good? I checked the internet and it looks like they have a fairly extensive gluten-free menu. Though prices were not on the menu, I am thinking that it is pricey. Any comments?????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ive been to the one in lincolnshire ,illinois ,but that was before i was dx. the food is great, but it is pricey. but you have to splurge once in a while. i hope you have a great meal, write back and tell us what you had

diagnosed  Celiac in Feb 2007... having a real hard time commiting to the diet

I hear you can order a gluten-free hamburger ON A BUN there! Though I'd have trouble passing up a steak for a burger!

I've never been there, but let us know how it is.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I had a hamburger WITH A BUN, "wildfire" salad with balsamic dressing, au gratin potatoes, and a flourless chocolate cake with ice cream. It was very good.... a little pricey... but it was fun to go somewhere and order off the menu without having to make a big deal out of how it was going to be prepared. Everything was delicious. The bun would have been better if it had been warmed but all in all it was a nice experience. I think that my husband and I will go there for dinner sometime.... as the dinner menu was quite extensive. Even though they were serving dinner all day, I opted for a sandwich as we are doing something with my hubby's mom this evening. It was really nice... my three kids came with significant others and my oldest daughter and her husband announced that they are expecting a child in January. So all in all it was a wonderful mother's day!!!!!

We are traveling to IL this summer... I'd love to go to Wildfire. Does anyone know if small children are frowned upon there? We have a three year old, relatively well behaved, but still three. :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

we were at wildfire on a friday around 5pm and there were several children in the dining room but as it got later there were less children. no one seemed to be annoyed by the presence of the children. the place is expensive but the menu is great!!!!

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

We are traveling to IL this summer... I'd love to go to Wildfire. Does anyone know if small children are frowned upon there? We have a three year old, relatively well behaved, but still three. :)

when i went it was for a later dinner , like 8:00pm so there were no kids at that time but it didnt seem like a stuffy type of restaraunt. i would say give it a shot

diagnosed  Celiac in Feb 2007... having a real hard time commiting to the diet

Lots of kids but it was Mother's Day.... no one seemed to mind. The Wildfire in Eden Prairie, MN, is divided up into several dining rooms so it is not like all the noise is in one area. I think if you go to dinner at an early time (not the child's bedtime) no one really minds kids being in a place even a nice one. I must admit though that when parents take kids out at 8:30...9:00 at night and expect them to behave, I get upset with the parents. But I guess that is a whole other matter. I hope that you enjoy the gluten-free menu. I am excited about going back. The flourless chocolate cake was better (in my opinion) than the "thunder down under" at Outback.