This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Stir Crazy Restaurant

Karwei5

Karwei5 Apprentice

We went to a Stir Crazy restaurant yesterday. Open Original Shared Link

After playing at an arcade, Gameworks in Schaumburg, IL. and stopped at the Woodfield Mall.

We were getting hungry as we were there longer than we expected. Looking around as to where we could take my son to eat.

We haven't been out to eat much after his diagnosis in January.

My husband went in to ask about a gluten free menu. They had one

The Asian Market Bar, had 2 gluten free sauces to choose from.

The manager personally went though the line with us. Talked to the cook about how to handle Billy's food. Had the cooks use freshly sanitized pan and ladle, he kept the ladle away form the other items he was cooking. It all went well and Billy had a great meal.

Karol

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Thanks for posting. There is one in a mall by me as well and I never would have thought to try there.

Did they have a specific gluten free menu or did they just let you know what they could make for him safely?

Karwei5 Apprentice

They said not to order the other things off the menu but eat at the Asian Market Bar.

That is where you pick the rice, veggies and meat and they cook it at the "bar" You watch them cook it. Then they have 2 sauces. The sauces are not left on the "bar" they will ask you which one you want and bring it out for you.

You have to let them know you want it gluten free and they will cook with clean pan/utensils.

Our bill was approx. $15 dollars per person.

Karol mom t Billy 19 years old

pnltbox27 Contributor

i think there is also a pf changs at woodfield mall and a maggianos who will do gluten free, im about an hour north of there so i have not tried either. its good to hear you found a new place to try. how did you like gameworks? , i took my seven year old there a few months back and had a blast..

alamaz Collaborator

Yummmmmmmmm I love stir crazy! Do you remember what the sauce options were? I'm allergic to soy so I'm hoping one of them wasn't a soy based sauce (doubtful but you never know!)

Karwei5 Apprentice

I am not sure. Billy's Dad was helping him order. The one Billy got seemed to have soy to me. Seemed like a soy sauce type. I don't know what the other option was.

I wonder if you took in your own sauce and told them you dietary needs they could use yours? I am not sure about health regulations with that though.

It would be worth a try to check it out.

The kids loved Gameworks. Billy and his teenaged sister liked the second level better. My younger daughter liked down stairs more. It is the 3rd time we have been there. We accidentally came across it about 1.5-2 years ago.

I can't say it is my favorite place though. I have to be a good Mom and let the kids have their fun.

Karol

Archived