Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamatide

La Messagere Beer

What a great beer - it's been several months since I've tasted a beer and the hot summer weather we've been having made me finally try La Message beer and it's very very good. Even my gluten-eating husband says it's great and he's a bit of an afficionado.

So if you're wondering whether the price tag warrants a taste - you've got my recommendation. It's a quality beer.

http://www.lesbieresnouvellefrance.com/bie...?id=4&lg=en

mt

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It looks good, sounds good. But I see by their web sight it is not in the U.S. yet.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

It's the only gluten-free beer in Canada and I'm a big fan. Even though I have to pay $17 for a six pack.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

Here in Ontario, it is available at selected LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) outlets. As time goes by, more and more of them seem to be carrying it. Originally I had to drive to the next town west of me, but now it is available at my nearest government store. If your local LCBO does not stock it, they can order it for you. Ask at the "customer service" counter. $16.95 (plus bottle deposit) for six, if I recall correctly.

It is made by a small brewery in Quebec, about half-way between Quebec City and Montreal.

By the time I was able to get it, it had been years since I had had any beer at all, so my memory might be fooling me, but it is really good. It isn't Guiness, but is a very nice pale pilsner style beer.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007