Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiac-mommy

Sticky Bun Bread

I'm always one to share a great new recipe, especially one that can be made in 5 minutes and tastes AMAZING. Here it is:

Sticky Bun Brunch Bread:

Make the night before....

1 pkg gluten-free Pantry white bread mix (+ ingredients to make the bread)

1 3oz pkg butterscotch pudding mix

1/2 c brown sugar (packed)

1/2 c chopped pecans

1 stick melted butter (no this is not healthy)

-In a bowl, prepare the bread mix (follow directions for the oven prep method)

-pour into greased bundt pan

-sprinkle over the top the pudding mix, brown sugar and pecans

-pour melted butter evenly over the top

-cut through the bread in various places to create a marble on the inside

-cover tightly with plastic wrap (I also set a plate on top to prevent too much rise) and set on counter until the morning

-preheat oven to 350, bake for 30 min. Take from oven, wait 5 min, then invert onto serving plate (best when served warm but still FANTASTIC when cooled completely).

I made this yesterday-5 adults at brunch, only one celiac, the ENTIRE thing was gone!!

Enjoy! :)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had to wipe the drool on the keyboard before I could type MMMMMMMMMMMMMM sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing :P

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Ok, this sounds great, but is it safe to leave the dough out overnight?? I just figured that the eggs in the bread recipe would make it go bad.

Let me know if I read that right, cuz it sounds really yummy!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Sounds great with one question...

I never use instant puddings, I just do homemade. What kinds of instant are gluten-free?

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

Sounds great with one question...

I never use instant puddings, I just do homemade. What kinds of instant are gluten-free?

It's OK to leave the eggs out-I suppose you could use the powdered eggs if you're concernced. But, I've done a little research and "they" say that it's OK to leave them out even for a few days-I wouldn't go that far....

I just use the JELLO brand pudding (cook and serve)

(http://www.kraftfoods.com/health/articles/gluten_free_0623031.pdf)

-Rachelle

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

It's OK to leave the eggs out-I suppose you could use the powdered eggs if you're concernced. But, I've done a little research and "they" say that it's OK to leave them out even for a few days-I wouldn't go that far....

I just use the JELLO brand pudding (cook and serve)

(http://www.kraftfoods.com/health/articles/gluten_free_0623031.pdf)

-Rachelle

Thanks! Another gluten-free item to add to the list!

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

i will give this a go....

im a little skeptical about the overnight thing to, but i did get ill off of some scallops the other day....

may as well have something sweet other than ice cream too..... though this could be like grilled stickies ala mode w/ the ice cream... hmmm..

oh yeah,

jdog

i will give this a go....

im a little skeptical about the overnight thing to, but i did get ill off of some scallops the other day....

may as well have something sweet other than ice cream too..... though this could be like grilled stickies ala mode w/ the ice cream... hmmm..

oh yeah,

jdog

I promise-I've made this twice and both of my kids ate it too, no problems! But, you can use the powdered eggs if you want--or try it without the eggs...

-Rachelle ;)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06