Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

covsooze

Dairy Intolerance - Calcium?

I hadn't been diagnosed when I was pregnant with DS and I craved dairy loads, despite usually not liking it. What I didn't know then was that I'm intolerant to dairy. I had a really yucky stomach for a lot of my pregnancy. I'm 8 weeks pregnant now, and gluten free and dairy very-lite. I'm very concious of the need for calcium whilst pregnant (I wonder if that's why I craved dairy with DS) and was wondering if there are any other pregnant dairy intolerant ladies out there and what you're doing? Is it OK just to rely on calcium supplements?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just used supplements.

Collard greens, kale are also good for calcium.

supplements are fine for a lot of it. and the calcium requirements are ... misleading. it depends a lot on the ability of your body to use the calcium and the net calcium balance. are you eating foods that make your body acidic enough that your body has to use that calcium to maintain optimum pH for enzyme activity? do you have all the other minerals necessary for use for bone formation (for you and the budding one)? do you have the other signals necessary (like weight bearing)? it's far, far from just how much elemental calcium do you get.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...
    I had a brain MRI over a year ago which wasn't specifically looking for signs of gluten ataxia - it was more just for reassurance as I was right at the beginning of my balance problems. I have a further brain MRI planned in May and this...