Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blooming

Should I Trust This?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have eaten several times at my local Outback. Knock on wood they have been good experiences. However, eating out is always a risk. I try to eat on the early side when it is not as busy. Keep in mind that each restaurant is different. There have been some on this board that have not had good experiences. I think as a chain that Outback does its best to provide safe meals for us.

Hez

Same for me! ;)

Every once in a while I'll get a new waiter who's unsure of the menu. However, they make the effort of asking lots of questions of the chef and restaurant manager. I've had good luck so far!

I eat at Outback at least once a week. I got sick a couple of times in the beginning (MY LOCAL Outback had not done gluten-free before, so it was a learning experience for us both) but smooth sailing now, almost 2 years later :)

you shouldn't have a problem if you make it clear to your waiter you are ordering from the gluten-free menu and follow the "directions" on the gluten-free menu. Happy eating!

I agree with the eating out early part. If you go when the place is not busy, you have a better chance of the waiter spending the time with you understand your situation.

We eat at Outback two or three times a month, and as long as you're clear about what you need, you will hopefully have a good experience.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...