Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blooming

Should I Trust This?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have eaten several times at my local Outback. Knock on wood they have been good experiences. However, eating out is always a risk. I try to eat on the early side when it is not as busy. Keep in mind that each restaurant is different. There have been some on this board that have not had good experiences. I think as a chain that Outback does its best to provide safe meals for us.

Hez

Same for me! ;)

Every once in a while I'll get a new waiter who's unsure of the menu. However, they make the effort of asking lots of questions of the chef and restaurant manager. I've had good luck so far!

Diagnosed & gluten-free - April 2004 :)

I eat at Outback at least once a week. I got sick a couple of times in the beginning (MY LOCAL Outback had not done gluten-free before, so it was a learning experience for us both) but smooth sailing now, almost 2 years later :)

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

you shouldn't have a problem if you make it clear to your waiter you are ordering from the gluten-free menu and follow the "directions" on the gluten-free menu. Happy eating!

gluten-free since april 05

for the love of gluten-free rice krispies, can we all as a group realize that "celiacs" only refers to a group of people with celiac disease. it is not "celiacs or celiac's disease". it drives me nutso!

I agree with the eating out early part. If you go when the place is not busy, you have a better chance of the waiter spending the time with you understand your situation.

We eat at Outback two or three times a month, and as long as you're clear about what you need, you will hopefully have a good experience.