This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Son Sleep Walks

Guest mindy80

Guest mindy80

I just wanted to know if sleep walking is related to celiac disease. Our oldest son is 11 and was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2005 then Celiac disease 7 months. He is constantly sleep walking. He will even talk to you while he is sleeping then he goes back to bed & remembers nothing in the morning. I have been pressing his doctors to do a sleep study & they just keep telling me how many adults do you know sleep walk but I think there could be an under line issue. I hope there isn't but I would rather know if there was. Any help would be appreciated

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

I have an extensive history of sleepwalking. When i was in 8th grade, i started to sleep walk VIOLENTLY and stab scissors into the wall and stuff, so i went to a sleep doctor, and it turned out that i had extreme obstructive sleep apnea. I went on CPAP for 17 months and ended up having reconstructive jaw surgery to fix my overbite and to help with my sleep apnea, which in turn finally got rid of my sleep apnea. I also had my T&A removed and stuff.

You should go to your pediatrician, and see if he needs to see a sleep doc. i don't know if it has anything to do with celiac, but i do know a lot of celiacs who sleepwalk, so there may be a connection.

confused Community Regular

I sleep walk and talk in my sleep, i never thought it could be related to celiac. My 7 yr old and 4 yr old also sleep walk. I would be interested to know if it is related to celiac.

paula

Teacher1958 Apprentice

I used to sleepwalk. A number of years ago I broke my left middle finger while sleepwalking. I am deathly afraid of bees, and I was dreaming that bees were coming in the window air conditioner over the bed. In the dream it was the middle of the day, but actually it was the middle of the night. Anyhow, as the bees came at the back of my head, I dove off the bed, landing on my finger and breaking it. I had to wear a splint for six weeks.

I think sleepwalking runs in families because my one uncle used to get really violent in his sleep. The other uncle, his brother, once took the elevator in his apartment to the front desk and woke up stark naked once he got there! :o I haven't walked in my sleep for a long time, but I've had periods of "remission" from it in the past only to have it return.

Archived