Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zarfkitty

Daughter's Gfcf Birthday Cake

Daughter wanted a video game themed party for family only. She's turning 8 on Monday. Since the "cool" aunt & uncle are bringing their Nintendo Wii to share, I made a Wii controller for the cake. I'm soooooooooooooooo excited about it!!

Cake is Pamela's Luscious Chocolate, baked in 9 x 13 pan, torted lengthwise, filled and iced with homemade "buttercream" icing (really just shortening, powdered sugar, vanilla, and butter flavor).

My daughter's name is River, but I spelled it Riiver and gave it a TM symbol for Wii theme.

pics:

cake by itself

River with cake

gluten-free May 17, 2007; casein-light since June 2007

Dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant by Enterolab. Family doc dx'ed "gluten sensitive" after dietary response. DQ 6 & DQ 7

8 year old daughter dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant & malabsorption by Enterolab and has been GFCL since June 12, 2007. Excellent response to diet, including growth! Tummyaches & irritability are gone! DQ 5 & DQ 6

Husband has DQ 5 (elementary, my dear Watson!). Self-diagnosed gluten-intolerant by diet response and challenge.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Very cool! ! Hope she has a great birthday! My daughter's first bday is in 2 weeks and have no idea how to tackle a gluten-free cake!

Positive biopsy 7/24/07

River is just adorable--and the cake turned out great :D

Hope she has a great birthday!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Very neat cake!! River looks ready to eat it! :) I hope she has a great birthday!!

We have a Wii and love it!!

Cake is one thing that has eluded me.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

What a great cake! You are very creative. Bet it tasted great too. :)

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks everyone!

The cake was divine, actually. We hadn't done a Pamela's mix before and it turned out totally scrumptous. It was also a very "workable" cake as far as torting, filling, layering, etc. I highly recommend!

There isn't any cake left, either, and only River and I were in need of the special recipe. All other family guests were gluten-eaters. Yay Pamela's Luscious Chocolate Cake!

:lol:

Dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant by Enterolab. Family doc dx'ed "gluten sensitive" after dietary response. DQ 6 & DQ 7

8 year old daughter dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant & malabsorption by Enterolab and has been GFCL since June 12, 2007. Excellent response to diet, including growth! Tummyaches & irritability are gone! DQ 5 & DQ 6

Husband has DQ 5 (elementary, my dear Watson!). Self-diagnosed gluten-intolerant by diet response and challenge.

Cool cake. Guess what my son is named River!! Good taste in names.

How cool is that??!?!