This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Birthday Lunch Flop!

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

So today I choose Issac's to have my birthday lunch today at work. I have ate there with success many time. So I had my usual salad and everyone else had sandwiches. I was sick within 30 minutes of coming back to work. I assumed CC. Well, after a trip to the bathroom my cubie mate tells me she feels horrible and was going down to the bathroom. I was having bad cramps and real bad nausea. I went towards the bathroom a few minutes later. We only have 2 stalls so I went up one floor. On my way back to the office I past two more coworkers on my way back. Both sick and heading down to the bathroom.

In all 8 of us went to Issac's, 6 were sick. The only things we all had in common was lettuce and pepsi. The two that didn't get sick had water and no lettuce. This was not a gluten thing, it was something else but boy did we all feel miserble. We called Issac's and their response was they see large groups that are passing a bug around in their office....funny we didn't get sick until after lunch. We all had vomitting and massive D....almost explosive D. Since I was always a person who dreaded the public bathroom and being sick it really was not my cup of tea. Well I had others to share my pain today so it was not such an embarrassing situation.

It will be awhile before we try Issac's again....I have always had the best times there but today was not good.

PS-- did not want to spend my birthday like that!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfgypsyqueen Enthusiast

What a terrible bday lunch! Sounds like something went wrong at the restaurant food handling! I doubt I would be back for a long time either.

Phyllis28 Apprentice

I am sorry to hear you and your co-workers are sick. You might want to consider calling the heath department. The restaurant should take this more seriously.

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh Amanda--food poisoning is bad enough, but not on your birthday :(

I'm so sorry....feel better :)

Guhlia Rising Star

How are you feeling by now? Any better? I hope so. John better be taking care of you right this minute! :) Let us know if you need anything. I may be pregnant as can be, but I'm still a hop skip and a jump away.

Michi8 Contributor
I am sorry to hear you and your co-workers are sick. You might want to consider calling the heath department. The restaurant should take this more seriously.

I second calling the health department. If there is an outbreak of E-coli, salmonella or other illness coming from this restaurant, it would be important to know.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Michelle

Thanks Everyone! we have all made the conclusion at work we got food poisioning, tonight I am feeling much better. We were all pretty good after 2:30-3 the trips to the bathroom slowed and ceased for most of us. It bothers me since I always felt safe at Issac's gluten wise, now I will probably think twice about going there. Something went wrong. I have never felt that bad even pre celiac when I was real sick. I cannot describe the stomach pains but they had me bent over at my desk.

How are you feeling by now? Any better? I hope so. John better be taking care of you right this minute! :) Let us know if you need anything. I may be pregnant as can be, but I'm still a hop skip and a jump away.

Aww thanks Angie!!!! ((HUGS))))

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

UPDATE!!!

One of our nurses here in my office suggested we email Issac's after getting a not so caring attitude. I did the honors, it was a sweet email very informative of what we went through. I sent that email at 1:30 today, and by 2:00 I had a phone call at my home on the voice mail and then an email here. It was rapid response. The woman who contacted me it from Corperate and she is very concerned! She says something went wrong and she will be looking into it. I feel like someone finally acknowledged us! I will update you guys next week once she gets to talk with the staff at the location. The manager was not there today.

jerseyangel Proficient

Good! I'm glad you contacted them, and they are going to look into it. Something is definately not right...

Archived