Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tabdegner

How Expensive Is The Celiac Blood Panel?

DH needs to have a celiac blood panel done -- we have a high deductible on our insurance. How much does the average celiac blood panel test cost? Someone said it's very expensive -- but I looked back at when I had it done several months ago and it was around $225 for IGA, TTG, IGG, and something else. Does that sound right? Expensive, but not too bad.

1. Depends on the lab.

2. Depends on your insurance agreement with that lab.

They might charge, for example, $100. But, their agreement with your insurance is that they only have to pay, say, $30. If you didn't have insurance, you'd pay the full price. Instead, you (or your insurance) pays the negotiated amount.

We got the full celiac panel, seasonal allergies, and food allergies done on my son. The cost was $460. We have a $500 deductible, but when we got the bill it was $360 because of the insurance-hospital agreement. Most hospitals will work out a payment plan with you (especially after making small payments consistently for a couple months B) ).

Thanks, when I looked at my bill from when I had the tests, there was only a 10% discount or so. But we have a different insurance company, though. I just wanted to make sure that we wouldn't have to spend $1000 or something for the tests. We will probably have better insurance in January, but I don't want him to wait that long to get the tests done.