Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JNBunnie1

Waaaaahhhhhh........

So I thought it was safe to use a particular face lotion on my lips when I couldnt find my chapstick the other day, and I was wrong......... So now I'm in for a month of yuk. For the first week I'm all dizzy and feverish and headachy and brain dead, then I get lactose intolerant for a week or so, then I get the DH for a few weeks. I'm so jealous of all the people who have a day of diarrhea and that's it......

Hey, I saw no one replied to this post yet... I guess because there's really nothing we can do except for sympathize... :o

I hope you feel a little bit better!

Pauliina

Hey, I saw no one replied to this post yet... I guess because there's really nothing we can do except for sympathize... :o

I hope you feel a little bit better!

Pauliina

HAhahhahah! Yeah, that was flat out whining. I actually do feel a bit better than the last time I got glutened, not sure why. I'm just hoping the DH will be less severe too, that was the worst bit. Had it for the first time a few months ago, and WOW does that suck! And here I am complaining and I've only had it once, some people have had it for years!

Thanks for the kind words......

Dear JNBunnie1,

I am sorry to hear you got glutened! :( I get a severe reaction, too. I get violently ill from even the most microscopic speck of the crap. I break out in a sweat, get terribly nauseated, start shaking, sometimes my hands go numb, have the sudden need for a bowel movement, and start getting horrible dry heaves that make me feel as if my insides are going to implode if I do not get a promethazine down quick enough. One stupid little thing is all it takes. We can only be as careful as possible. Do not beat yourself up, because there is so much needing considered, it is difficult to remember every little thing.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl