Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiddle-Faddle

Betterbatter Gluten-free Flour

EDIT: THE WEBSITE IS WWW.BETTERBATTER.ORG--sorry about the confusion

The website is www.betterbatter.com--and they have recipes on the website!

You can order some of their flour--it's supposed to be a cup-for-cup replacement for the gluteny stuff--and have it shipped, but I've been trying to get ahold of the buyer for our local supermarket so that I can request that they carry it.

I believe that they donate some or all of the profits to autism research, too. :)

If anybody gets a hold of some, let us know if it's as good as it looks.

Danke! Will check it out Fiddle-Faddle! :)

well i got my bag but not sure how to go about using it in a breadmaker, im not interested in doing bread the hard way, anyone use this before? thanks nadine

I posted about better batter under the publictions section a week or two ago.

Fiddle-Faddle , there is not anyone carrying this around us as yet. Naomi (owner) is looking into attending the seminar in Oct in Pgh -- I think at the embassey by Airport....I will keep you updated if she makes it to that seminar.

She has a great blog & site with useful info & it is very well written. I , myself don't care for ranting blogs but this one is excellent. She also has a recipe for Krispy Kreme Donuts...The bread section is messed up at present but I'm sure Naomi will get it back to the correct info very soon.

The flour blend comes to me with high ratings.......

mamaw

yup its www.betterbatter.org i have some in the bread maker right now, apparantly you just double the liquid in the recipes and put it on gluten free setting. smells good so hopefully it will turn out better then yesterday, ugh what a mess that was, my hubby laughed his but off when he saw it, looked like something curled in the bread maker and died!

I didn't try betterbatter's site before I posted. It came up for me with no problems so I think it is working & not closed down..... I did a search on betterbatter homepage & it came up immediately......

check it out again & keep me posted.

mamaw

I just received a case of this over the weekend. I've spent the entire time baking and cooking with it (aside from sleeping and caring for the children.)

To say I am ecstatic wouldn't be enough.

I just recently found her site last week, and after 8 weeks of trying everything out there, and being absolutely depressed with the results (I was one of those avid...a.k.a. obsessive bakers prior to finding out my son was gluten-free in early February, who bought 50 lbs of organic flour at a time.....made 13 different kinds of cookies at christmas and still felt I was behind...and read cookbooks for FUN). I wanted some sense of the "old life."

So far I've made pizza crusts, an oatmeal bread, chocolate muffins, and granola.....and I'm getting posts up to my blog to share the results. if anyone is interested.

I am so happy I could cry. And the best part is, it's shelf stable, and I can buy it in bulk...I have to feed 4-6 people at a time.

She's got a customer for life here, as long as she keeps making it.

Five stars from me!

June

Would love to see your blog posts, can you link??

I just received a case of this over the weekend. I've spent the entire time baking and cooking with it (aside from sleeping and caring for the children.)

I just recently found her site last week, and after 8 weeks of trying everything out there, and being absolutely depressed with the results (I was one of those avid...a.k.a. obsessive bakers prior to finding out my son was gluten-free in early February, who bought 50 lbs of organic flour at a time.....made 13 different kinds of cookies at christmas and still felt I was behind...and read cookbooks for FUN). I wanted some sense of the "old life."

So far I've made pizza crusts, an oatmeal bread, chocolate muffins, and granola.....and I'm getting posts up to my blog to share the results. if anyone is interested.

I am so happy I could cry. And the best part is, it's shelf stable, and I can buy it in bulk...I have to feed 4-6 people at a time.

Five stars from me!

June

Five stars from me!

June

June, you and I could compare notes. Christmas cookies! Cookbook reading! OMG I love you LAWL sorry but you are the first person other then me that said I read cookbooks for fun.

I have not heard of this mix before so am going to look into finding it local. Lately coconut flour has been my best friend.