Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anonymousgurl

Sorry, I Asked Jeeves And He Didn't Know...it's A Stool Question :/

I hate to be icky and bring up something like this, but I can't seem to find any info on it. I tried ask.com but asking jeeves didn't really get me anywhere. I guess he's not a poop-expert.

Well, this morning when I did my whole morning ritual, I went to the bathroom and some stone sort of things came out. They were kind of large and hard and grey. I'm not sure what they were, but I feel a lot better today than I usually do. I don't know if there's any connection, but I haven't had any intestinal spasms today. I usually have those everyday beginning at noon, with some extreme bloating. But today the swelling below my belly button has gone down too.

I believe I've passed a few of these before, and I think I've noticed that the spasms in my lower torso seem to clear up for a while after I do (the bloating as well). I'm just wondering how I can either keep passing them or prevent them from happening again, because I love these spasm-free, bloat-free days! I'm also wondering what the HECK they are, and what it means!

Gallstones are located in the gallbladder and would have to be very tiny to pass through the duct.

Maybe you are passing fecaliths?

A fecalith is basically poop that gets retained for a long time (usually in a bend or crevice of the gut)and becomes hard and sometimes calcified. Sometimes they can lead to bowel obstructions and have been associated with appendicitis, so I could imagine they might be able to cause spasms. They can also cause diverticulitis if they get caught in a diverticulum.

These occur more commonly in people with chronic constipation. So doing things to prevent constipation should help prevent their formation. Consider stool softeners, increase water intake, increase fiber, etc.

Just a thought.

Yes, there are a whole group of us here with the big C as our main symptom of celiac, and ideas about dealing with the constipation.

Vitamin C and magnesium have made a huge difference for me.

Thanks for the info you guys. Maybe they are fecaliths....I don't know. I just want the spasms to stop.

Constipation has been a big issue for me in the past. Thanks for bringing that up you guys...it's nice to hear people relate to you. Magnesium actually is the only thing that seems to work for me...oxygenated to be more specific. Vitamin C might help me too but I haven't tried an actual supplement for it yet...I just eat oranges and they seem to help sometimes.

But anyways, constipation isn't really the problem right now...it's the spasms and insane bloating. Do you think these stones, or "fecaliths" if that's what they are, could be causing that? It's so painful :(

I hope all is well with everyone.