Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confusedks

Yom Kippur

I am going to a Yom Kippur break fast on Saturday night. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as what to bring? And tried recipes that are simple and don't take hours to make? I don't even know if it needs to be gluten free because I don't think I'm going to be able to eat anything. I was thinking about just eating before I go (I can't fast for health reasons, so it wouldn't really matter).

Kassandra

The usual break fast with my family includes bagels, lox, cream cheese (typical, right?). Then there is usually deviled eggs, some sort of pasta salad and sometimes a cold meat tray. Then a huge tray of desserts. This is possibly the worst menu for us.

I say bring a dessert that is gluten free. There are so many kosher desserts that are anyway, especially the kosher for passover ones. That way you will be able to have a little something.

There's no reason you can't bring a pasta salad made with rice pasta. They'd never know if you didn't tell them! Deviled eggs should be fine, and lox and cream cheese are fine, too. You can bring regular bagels for them and Kinnikinnick bagels for you, or you can do cucumber slices shmeared with cream cheese with a bit of lox on top, and have some cucumber slices just with lox for yourself.

There is also hummous! Lots of things you can do with hummus and vegies!