Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFinMN

Centrum New Formula

Does anyone know if the Centrum New Formula is gluten-free? It lists Modified Food Starch on the ingredient label whereas the old Centrum did not.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Centrum New Formula is gluten-free? It lists Modified Food Starch on the ingredient label whereas the old Centrum did not.

Thanks!

I just spoke with Wyeth and they said the new formula is wheat free, but they are still testing it for other factors of gluten sources. She said call back in a couple weeks.

I posted this some time ago. The New Centrum Formula is wheat free and no gluten is added, but they do not test for gluten.

With that said, I take it daily.

I posted this some time ago. The New Centrum Formula is wheat free and no gluten is added, but they do not test for gluten.

With that said, I take it daily.

I just spoke with the customer service there and she said that they were still testing...I don't know. I guess because I had a "build up" reaction to another OTC, I am once bitten twice shy.

I just spoke with the customer service there and she said that they were still testing...I don't know. I guess because I had a "build up" reaction to another OTC, I am once bitten twice shy.

I did call, but it was some time ago. I can't find my old post. But, I want to call again and see what they say.

Just called and talked to "Allan"...they do not add gluten, but they do not test for it either. They are in the process of testing and should have a definitive answer in a few weeks. (my scepticism overwhelms me <_< ). Let's remember to call in a few weeks. I still think it's a CYA statement.

It does not bother me and I consider it safe.