Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jewi0008

Egg Intolerance

I'm sensitive to eggs if I try and eat them alone--such as scrambled eggs. I can now, however, tolerate them in recipes--which makes things much easier.

I tend to get nausea from them, not the lower pain. The nausea is pretty severe and hits about 4-5 hours after eating the eggs.

I was skin tested for allergies, so I'm not classic allergic.

I get something akin to a gall bladder attack if I eat eggs. Perhaps it IS a gall bladder attack B) Two doctors over the years checked me out and never saw any gall stones (although now I realize that such testing is not conclusive and there can be problems other than stones). That pain is in the side -- is that where you get your pain?

Accompanying this is nausea that increases with time. It is as if the food in my stomach is not being digested. It just sits there. The only way to get over an attack is not to eat. After a couple days I start to get better.

Grim, stuff, but you asked :lol:

When I was young, I could eat eggs. Then I've gotten increasingly intolerant. First I just couldn't have straight eggs. Then I started having problems with things like pancakes. Now the tiniest bit of egg in something can create problems (although not always).

I get something akin to a gall bladder attack if I eat eggs. Perhaps it IS a gall bladder attack B) Two doctors over the years checked me out and never saw any gall stones (although now I realize that such testing is not conclusive and there can be problems other than stones). That pain is in the side -- is that where you get your pain?

Accompanying this is nausea that increases with time. It is as if the food in my stomach is not being digested. It just sits there. The only way to get over an attack is not to eat. After a couple days I start to get better.

Grim, stuff, but you asked :lol:

When I was young, I could eat eggs. Then I've gotten increasingly intolerant. First I just couldn't have straight eggs. Then I started having problems with things like pancakes. Now the tiniest bit of egg in something can create problems (although not always).

Yes, my pain is on my side. I'm trying to determine if it's from egg?

YUP, all of the above, mouth ulcers, cramping intestinal pain and eye twitch, although I believe the eye twitch is related to magnesium ? or other mineral deficiency.

BURDEE