Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Lovebug

Nestle Pure Life Water, With Splash Of Lemon, Sweetened With Splenda?

I've been drinking these waters for awhile instead of soda. Recently started having very loose, fatty, stools with cramping and bloating (not bad, just persistent). I've ruled just about everything else out as a cause, but I've sure returned to my old symptoms. I cut out the water a couple of days ago and my symptoms have resolved. Hmmm . . .

Ingredients: Purified water, citric acid, natural fruit flavors, sodium polyphosphate, potassium sorbate, sucralase? and a couple of other things which I can't read (they print them so small!).

Anybody?

Sue

Self-diagnosed in 2004 after 6 years of hell. Doing well on gluten-free diet, but still having occasional bouts of accidental glutening. Message board has been a godsend. Have been on since 2004 as "grannynanny," but couldn't recreate password and was shut out, having to re-register in 2007. Update: Gastroenterologist wanted to do genetic test for celiac (Mar 2008). Results showed genetic marker on G8 -- one of two genes identified as Celiac.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Splenda can cause these symptoms. My GI told me that people with GI issues (IBS, celiac, Chrons, etc) should not use Splenda. I have to agree with him, cause Splenda messes me up.

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter