Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alamaz

My System Is Going Crazy!

Sunday night my mother in law wanted to make my husband a gluten-free birthday dinner. She went as far as to ask me what to buy and also used new pots and pans. Something got me still (probably CC from her kitchen) and I had a migraine before we left her house. I thought the next few days would be miserable but Monday wasn't all that bad. Then on Tuesday for my husbands actual birthday we went to his fav. gluten-free restaurant and since then I've had major glutening symptoms but ones that are totally different from my normal glutenings which is big D all day long for a few days (also, this restaurant is "the" gluten-free restaurant in my city where the chef is a celiac so I don't know what happened!). My body is freaking out!!! I'm having really bad cramping that feels like I'm going to get the big D but when I go to the bathroom it's more like I've got the big C and it's really painful. I'm beyond exhausted and look like some one punched me in both eyes and my headache finally went away this morning because I forced myself to drink a half a cup of coffee. What should I do? I'm really worried about the baby. I have my next drs. appt. on Tuesday and I know there is nothing they can do for me eating something that didn't agree with me but how stressed out should I be about the baby? I swear after this I'm not eating out for the rest of my pregnancy. Should I go in to see the doc. early just to make sure everything is okay? Ugh. This is so stressful! :(

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sunday night my mother in law wanted to make my husband a gluten-free birthday dinner. She went as far as to ask me what to buy and also used new pots and pans. Something got me still (probably CC from her kitchen) and I had a migraine before we left her house. I thought the next few days would be miserable but Monday wasn't all that bad. Then on Tuesday for my husbands actual birthday we went to his fav. gluten-free restaurant and since then I've had major glutening symptoms but ones that are totally different from my normal glutenings which is big D all day long for a few days (also, this restaurant is "the" gluten-free restaurant in my city where the chef is a celiac so I don't know what happened!). My body is freaking out!!! I'm having really bad cramping that feels like I'm going to get the big D but when I go to the bathroom it's more like I've got the big C and it's really painful. I'm beyond exhausted and look like some one punched me in both eyes and my headache finally went away this morning because I forced myself to drink a half a cup of coffee. What should I do? I'm really worried about the baby. I have my next drs. appt. on Tuesday and I know there is nothing they can do for me eating something that didn't agree with me but how stressed out should I be about the baby? I swear after this I'm not eating out for the rest of my pregnancy. Should I go in to see the doc. early just to make sure everything is okay? Ugh. This is so stressful! :(

I'm sorry you feel so bad. I don't have any answers for you but I hope you feel better soon. Try not to stress about the baby...if you're really worried call your doctor's office. Even if they don't know celiac too well, they're used to dealing with dehydrated or sick or stressed moms-to-be.

Take care.

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Join eNewsletter

Take a deep breath. There's nothing you can do about the baby right now. You're doing your best to stay gluten-free - it's not like you got glutened on purpose. If you were glutened at your MIL's, your body needs time to heal and even safe food can irritate you.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter