Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mama2two

Getting Rid Of Yeast?

I have had problems with yeast for 2yrs now and I can usually keep it under control by taking grapefruit seed extract and taking good probiotics daily. any time my yeast gets out of hand, like if I have sugar, i end up with vaginal yeast infections. I also have on my hands what I have been told is eczema, but I met a lady at the health food store that said she had that d/t yeast, so maybe it's yeast, who knows. I know that those with celiac often have issues with yeast, and I am wondering what has helped others to get rid of yeast?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oops! Thought this'd be the intestinal type.

<tom hastily backs out the door>

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Join eNewsletter

Oops! Thought this'd be the intestinal type.

<tom hastily backs out the door>

I do think I have an overgrowth of intestinal yeast, I believe it is systemic because it keeps comming back when I treat it locally, so if you have had issues with yeast and have kicked it, please do tell me how?

Join eNewsletter

There are two products that I have heard good things about on here and many other places. Theralac and Threelac. I tried Threelac and it seemed to be helping, but it cause my intersticial cystitis(a bladder condition) to flare. It was the lemon juice in it. You need to starve the yeast and introduce healthy bacteria in the form of probiotics. It is not easy. I recomend you read more on the web.

Join eNewsletter

zero sugar

zero fruit

zero starchy veggies

lots of (if you can tolerate)

coconut oil

garlic

onion

RAW sauerkraut

I find once I start eating fruit or sugar again, the problems come back. For me it is both bacteria and yeast, though always sort of subclinical -- I can tell I'm building it up just in the way I smell and feel.

Anyway, look into the Body Ecology diet?

Join eNewsletter

I have always been able to somewhat control my yeast issues with my old bread baking techniques

Sugar feeds yeast salt kills it

I "try" to balance my "sweets" with "salty's" yes occationally this gets away from me which I solve by going sweet free, but thats always a longgggggggggg few days

lots of (if you can tolerate)

coconut oil

garlic

onion

RAW sauerkraut

I didnt know about these things unfortunately i cant stand any of those!

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

Join eNewsletter

I had problems with yeast for years, itchy skin, yeastinfections etc. I skipped all food that contains yeast, don't use it in bread, buy yeastfree vegetablestock, whatever. I think yeast is also a flavor enhancer, which is why it is added to so many things...Anyhow, the abovementioned symptoms, esp. the yeastinfections have gone now, I can eat carcohydrates and sugery stuff (in limits, cause too manny sugars are bad wichever way you look at it) without any problems

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter