Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ruthla

Pacific Foods Almond Milk?

Does Pacific Foods unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk have gluten in it?

I bought some yesterday because I'm getting sick of coconut milk in everything, and I've found it to be quite yummy! I'm gluten-free, dairy free, mostly soy free, and low carb- so many gluten-free products don't work for me.

But this morning I'm having GI symptoms again- my stools are watery and it hurts to pass them (it feels like the poop itself is burning my skin.)

So I'm not sure what's going on. Did I get cross-contaminated from leftover pasta my kids left all over the kitchen table/breathed it in when they microwaved it/did I accidentally touch it? Is there gluten in the almond milk? Am I reacting to another ingredient in the almond milk (soy lecithin? carigeean?) Could I be getting symptoms just from the wintery weather?

Ruth, single mom to DD1, 14, DD2, 113, and DS, 7

Kosher, low carb (since 6/3/07), gluten free (since 11/15/07), dairy free, mostly legume (incl. soy) free since 2/7/08. Now on the Blood Type Diet (type O) which includes cutting out corn as well. I have fibromyalgia and this diet is helping me feel better.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

According to the Pacific Foods website, that is a gluten-free product. It does, however, have soy, which can be a problem for some people.

Hope you get to the bottom of things, and feel better soon.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt