Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akpeeps

All Doritos Now Gluten Free?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

FYI: The "regular" Doritos flavor (nacho cheese) is not gluten free. It contains wheat and has it clearly listed.

Many of the other Doritos flavors are gluten-free. Thanks for the link.

Yea right, suuuure they are. They actually have many, many, many "gluten-free", by ingredients at least, products. However, the risk of CC issues with these products is really high. If you are new to the diet you may want to wait until you have been without symptoms for a while before you try these. I refuse to touch any of their products personally. For me it is like playing roulette. One bag will be fine and the next may make me sick for a week. Not worth the risk for me.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

That's really good to know. They say they even wash the equipment after they've processed the gluten products. I like to eat their natural white cheese puffs.

I've steered clear of Doritos because of the trans fats but every great once in a while I would savor a bag.

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

We also avoid Frito-Lay because of cross contamination. We eat Trader Joe's chips, Kettle chips, Terra chips, and Walmart Cheetos instead.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Last I knew, regular Nacho Doritios are not gluten-free since there is wheat clearly listed, I haven't checked in a long time, no need. I have used the white cheddar, organic natural doritos with no problems but I don't buy them too often.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

????????? :blink:

I edited my post now....thanks for picking up on that. I was typing it and a coworker kept coming over and talking to me....I am not a good multitasker LOL :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Since Terra Chips were mentioned...

Wanted to mention that the Mediterranean flavored Terra Chips have Wheat Starch listed in the ingredients...found out the hard way. :(

REALLY? :o We bought them and read the ingredients and did not see wheat. Was I skimming too fast or was there a recent change in the ingredients? My son, who has celiac, did not care too much for them but I did give them to him a few times! :o

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic