Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greeneyes4950

A Sorbitol Free Sublingual B-12

Hi, i'm trying to find a subligual b12 that is gluten/casein/soy free -- that is also sorbitol free.

And i can't seem to find one.

I've read that Methylcobalamin in a b12 is better to have. I was going to order from kirman labs, but their's has sorbitol in it... Does anyone know of a company that doesn't? Much thanks :)

Gluten and Casein intolerant

Allergic to soy

yes...i'm also a vegeterian

my favorite line from the Simpson's

All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad." - Homer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't done much research, but it seems like all the sublinguals I take have SOMETHING like that in it. They have to make it so it tastes good and one or more of the -tols seems to be what they use. I'll be starting B12 injections this week, so I can bypass the gut altogether.

Mine is wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, and egg free. But, it has Xylitol.

Jarrow Formulas Methyl B-12 1000 mcg.

www.jarrow.com

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

I don't take any oral b-12 either because I can't find one without all the stuff in it. I also am doing 2x weekly methyl b-12 injections. They are great! :)

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

Are you sure you would react to the tiny amount of sorbitol that would be in a tiny sublingual pill? I generally react to sugar alcohols, but the sorbitol in the B12 pill I take doesn't bother me. (In case anyone wonders, it is the vegetarian formula one from Twin Labs.)

I am interested in this topic though. I'll look for that spray next time I'm in a store and browse through the B12 sublinguals, too.

McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00

Gluten free since 1/6/07

Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07

Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07

Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)

Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

Thanks for the replies...i googled the pure advantage spray, and i'm going to buy some.

In regard to the little amount of sorbitol in a b12 question, i try to avoid sorbitol in general, and any other sugar substitutes mainly because i don't think they are healthy, and i've had stomach issues when i ate something not knowing that it was in it in the past.

Gluten and Casein intolerant

Allergic to soy

yes...i'm also a vegeterian

my favorite line from the Simpson's

All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad." - Homer