Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

num1habsfan

Anddd The Roommate Saga Continues...

I'm starting to agree more and more with my mom that come spring or summer, my roommate has got to go. This is just ridiculous.....know what she did??? Dug in MY pantry through MY things and tried to tell me how and where I should have MY gluten-free foods!!!! i had a slight panic attack because you all know how touchy I am about letting people anywhere near my stuff.

Ahhh this is sooo stupid....

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Kind've like my situation, here at my house. Just be glad you have your own pantry to begin with. As for me, I don't have my own pantry. I have to share the cabinet with my family because I can't afford to buy a shelf and there isn't enough space in this house anyway. I want to move out and live with my fiance, who is very sensative to my condition, but my family is trying to keep me from doing so. I'm in just as much of a rut as you right now :(

Kind've like my situation, here at my house. Just be glad you have your own pantry to begin with. As for me, I don't have my own pantry. I have to share the cabinet with my family because I can't afford to buy a shelf and there isn't enough space in this house anyway. I want to move out and live with my fiance, who is very sensative to my condition, but my family is trying to keep me from doing so. I'm in just as much of a rut as you right now :(

Bravie- if your family isn't interested in helping keep you healthy, why would they want you to continue living there 'inconveniencing' them?

Habsfan- Can you put a lock on your cabinet? A padlock is pretty easy to install.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

I too had a roommate that ate gluten and the panic attacks....yes....that was me every day! Needless to say I live alone now but its really hard..

My suggestion is to somehow or somewhere in your own room store certain foods..just to make it easier for you. I had crates I got from target and put my cereals and other dry foods in there...just stashed in my closet. This is a baby step but it will at least put your mind at ease. Everything I did when I lived with her I had to have my own seperate everything! Fridge, toaster over, storage, bathroom and supplies...it sounds extreme and may make her feel bad but at least in your own head you will know you are not going to be glutened.

One mroe thing....like I said I live alone now and I honestly wish I didnt(Im only 21). If you can last and figure out something tht works I would but it also makes life a little easier.

Good luck!

staci