This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Ivillage

Eriella

Eriella Explorer

I saw this and got curious. Surprisingly it described me to a T (other than that I was much older).

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Chriscan
    Newest Member
    Chriscan
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• JustGemi
    • trents
      No! Do not start the gluten free diet until you know whether or not you will be having an endoscopy/biopsy to verify the blood antibody test results. Starting gluten free eating ahead of either form of diagnostic testing can invalidate the results. You don't want to allow the villous lining of the small bowel to experience healing ahead of testing by removing gluten.
    • Scott Adams
      We offer a ton of recipes here: https://www.celiac.com/celiac-disease/gluten-free-recipes/ and have done some articles on fast food places, but keep in mind that eating out is a common source of gluten contamination: https://www.celiac.com/search/?q=fast food&quick=1&type=cms_records2 Many colleges now offer allergen-friendly, and sometimes gluten-free options in their student cafeterias: https://www.celiac.com/search/?&q=colleges&type=cms_records2&quick=1&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy PS - Look into GliadinX, which is a sponsor here, but many studies have been done on it which show that it may break down small amounts of gluten in the stomach, before it reaches the intestines.
    • JustGemi
      Thank you! What do you recommend in the next 7 weeks until I see my Doctor?  Just start my Gluten free diet?
    • Scott Adams
      Many people with celiac disease, especially those who are in the 0-2 year range of their recovery, have additional food intolerance issues which could be temporary. To figure this out you may need to keep a food diary and do an elimination diet over a few months. Some common food intolerance issues are dairy/casein, eggs, corn, oats, and soy. The good news is that after your gut heals (for most people who are 100% gluten-free this will take several months to two years) you may be able to slowly add some these items back into your diet after the damaged villi heal. This article may be helpful: