Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guessa1

Mcdonald's French Fries

Sorry, this may have already been posted...I just found this on Mcdonalds.com:

French Fries:

Potatoes, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor (wheat and milk derivatives)*, citric acid (preservative), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming agent)), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, partially hydrogenated corn oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent). *CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK (Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.)

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nu...ts.index.html#1

So, I'm understanding that right? Contains wheat = no eat, right?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You will get many opinions on both sides of the issue. According to the CSA, the fries have been tested independently and the gluten level is BLD (below levels of detection). CC is always a possibility. I do allow my son to eat them at McDonald's on occasion because the gluten in the end product cannot be detected in the most sensitive testing available. We have never reacted to the fries, and our antibodies are negative. It is definitely a personal choice, but I feel they are a safe choice.

http://www.csaceliacs.org/documents/FinalC...ds023006wlh.pdf

The Celiac Sprue Association (CSA) has examined the commercial manufacturing process of the natural flavoring with wheat as a starting ingredient which is used in connection with the McDonald

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt