This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hello! Celiac Disease And More.

OneScrewLoose

OneScrewLoose Rookie

Hello everyone. This isn't my first post here, but it is under this user name. I posted around a year back but I forgot the user name and email. It wasn't many, so whatever.

Anyway, I been gluten free for over a year (there have been small, accidental slip-ups, and one on purpose). Before then I was in constant pain for 10 years of my life (I am 20 now). It was really really bad, I wasn't even in school for most of my teen years (do to that and other problems). So when I discovered this disease, noticing all my symptoms match, I got rid of all the gluten in my diet and felt a lot better. However, the pains were still there, even though it was less than before.

A month ago I finally went to enterolabs and paid for every test they had. This cost my a whopping $617 but it was worth it. The most important point was this:

HLA-DQB1 gene analysis reveals that you have one of the main genes that predisposes to gluten sensitivity and celiac sprue, HLA-DQB1*0201 or HLA-DQB1*0302. Each of your offspring has a 50% chance of receiving this gene from you, and at least one of your parents passed it to you. You also have a non-celiac gene predisposing to gluten sensitivity (any DQ1, DQ2 not by HLA-DQB1*0201, or DQ3 not by HLA-DQB1*0302). Having one celiac gene and one gluten sensitive gene, means that each of your parents, and all of your children (if you have them) will possess at least one copy of a gluten sensitive gene. Having two copies also means there is an even stronger predisposition to gluten sensitivity than having one gene and the resultant immunologic gluten sensitivity or celiac disease may be more severe.

It made me feel sad but vindicated at the same time, especially after my gastrologist belittled me last year for suggesting I have celiac, and because of all those doctors in the past who said my pains were "just stress."

But there's more, I can't eat casein nor soy neither. This explains the residual pains and problems I been having over the last year, such as lack of appetite. It's very difficult now, however, to eat, especially being in college and finding the time needed to cook. But at least my stomach finally feels better. :D

Here are the results. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me. And also, what's the difference between the antigliadin and transglutaminase iga. Thanks.

A) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 276 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 15 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Welcome back :)

I have so many usernames and passwords for work that I always forget them....its hard

I do love your username though :)

kbtoyssni Contributor

Welcome back!

OneScrewLoose Rookie

I also have ADD, which makes me not notices things...when I posted this last night I noticed for the first time "Fecal Antigliadin IgA 276 (Normal Range <10 Units)." I only noticed the line below it before...I guess I could do better avoiding gluten...

Quick question. Is anything with soy lecithin gonna have the soy protein with it as well. I used to work out a lot and want to get back into it. I'm searching for a quality whey protein but they all have soy lecithin. I'm also worried about casein cc. Any suggestions?

"I do love your username though."

Thanks. :)

Archived