Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzz

Just Checking In

:D Just checking in, been gluten-free(with that one slip last weekend ) for 2 weeks, so officially 1 week ;) I'm not finding it too difficult, bought a bread machine and found rice flour, our local Martin's mkt has a gluten-free section, got cookies and other goodies there. I'm not having the belly-aches as bad but the fatigue and so forth con't but I'm going to truck on and give it some time. TY guys for the support, it means alot, I've learned alot from reading past posts.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, Glad to hear things are starting to improve. It can take a while and even us oldsters mess up sometimes, the way things are labeled it is hard not to unless everything goes from ground to mouth. :D I hope it only gets better from here.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Hi muzz. Glad that you are finding some gluten-free stuff in the stores. At first I didn't think it was all that bad (the diet, I mean), except for the bread! I started making my own. There are some pretty good cookbooks out there. It is a struggle, reading every label. I'm not healing as quickly as I'd hoped, and sometimes I find I'm getting paranoid about food. Anyway, this forum helps, and the fact that there is so much info available is a wonder! Good luck, and quick healing!

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE

Theresa

Join eNewsletter

Hi muzz. Glad that you are finding some gluten-free stuff in the stores. At first I didn't think it was all that bad (the diet, I mean), except for the bread! I started making my own. There are some pretty good cookbooks out there. It is a struggle, reading every label. I'm not healing as quickly as I'd hoped, and sometimes I find I'm getting paranoid about food. Anyway, this forum helps, and the fact that there is so much info available is a wonder! Good luck, and quick healing!

TY :) I think it helps me that food isn't a major priority for me, as long as I can have bread too...lol Hubby bought me a bread machine and I have made and frozen enough bread for me for the next week or so.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter