Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greendog

Gluten Allergy And Blood Pressure Spikes

I've had the gluten allergy for about 15 years and I can't remember having problems with my blood pressure spiking. But over the past 6 months it seems like that when I get in to certain forms of gluten my blood pressure gets erratic and will go from normal to 139, 185, 200. It doesn't stay high, but goes up and then will go to like 120 or 115. The way I found it is when I got on my treadmill and hooked up the blood pressure clip to my finger. As I walk I can see the blood pressure reading change. It also seems like the blood pressure spikes are accompanied by a mild form of asthmatic type breathing, itching of my feet, legs and scalp and pressure and burning in my sinus. Now I have been getting Chelation IVs over the past 10 months to reduce metals in my body and they have helped. I don't know if somehow they have affected how I react to Gluten, but this does have me puzzled. I'm going to buy me a more reliable type of blood pressure monitor I can wear and activate, but I think the treadmill one is still fairly reliable.

"The decisions we make dictate the life we live. To thine on self be true."

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

With a "traditional" allergy the blood pressure can spike. I know mine does if I get milk. :o I'm not sure about other forms of sensitivities.

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

Join eNewsletter

With a "traditional" allergy the blood pressure can spike. I know mine does if I get milk. :o I'm not sure about other forms of sensitivities.

It definitely can--plus the pulse often gets rapid too.

Yolo

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

Join eNewsletter

Another agreement. It also raises my blood sugar, leading to a misdiagnosis of diabetes when I went to the doctor for help getting over a glutening. I was real thankful I said no thanks to diabetes meds after a year of morning, post and pre prandial reading revealed that the only time my BS is high is when....glutened.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter