Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spunky007

How To Find Extent Of Intolerances?

I am currently starting a gluten free diet to determine if I have celiacs. [i don't have any way to get testing done, so this is my only way to find out.]

Now, the more I read about this, the more I realize just how complicated this can be! What if my trial makes no difference because I am also intolerant of soy or something?

Will I still see a difference going gluten free, and then be able to find any additional intolerances?

I'm worried I'll end up thinking "oh it must not be gluten" when in reality it was gluten AND something else.

determined to solve this and take on a new kind of life...

...lost in the mess

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A Kanesiologist would help in finding out what you are intoletant too and how intolerant you are to certain things. Its really hard to find out what is causing the problems as some things take a long time to have a reaction and also a long time to get out of your system.

Join eNewsletter

If gluten is a problem for you, then eliminating it will help you to feel better. For many of us, our symptoms are multi-layered, and it takes a while to figure it out all out. We want to believe that when we figure out gluten as a cause, it's the end all be all. And sometimes it is, but often it is not.

I started going to a chiropractor in Sept of 07... I was in stage 3 curvature reversal of my neck vertebrae. My x ray looked like I had whiplash. So, my headaches improved... but I was growing more and more fatigued. In Nov, I did an elimination diet and discovered my problem with gluten. I gradually started feeling better, but still something was wrong. A few weeks ago I realized that my allergy to egg whites ALSO caused a headache, so anything with egg white in it was most likely setting me off. Lastly, I discovered that I needed to be on an allergy medicine to control everything else I couldn't. So for the past two or so weeks, I have felt great.

Long story short: The road to feeling better can take many twists and turns. Be ready to experiment with different things and be willing to eliminate certain things to see if you feel better. So, while gluten is not my only problem, it was a major one for me. But had I not discovered it, I probably wouldn't have realized all the other things.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter