Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

farfrmnormal

Organic Gluten Free Foods

Hi All!

I am having a bit of a dilemma. Here are the details.

Two weeks ago I was in Cuba - loved my vacation, and I was symptom free the entire time I was there. Gluten free eating was possible. The food however; was VERY bland and I found myself craving foods that would definitely get me in trouble. Upon arriving home I did what I shouldn't have and had a few slices of pizza. Well, here I am a week and a half later and still having spasms and feeling sick. I also realized last week that the cereal I was eating had malt flavouring.

So my problem is my bowels and stomach are in a huge flare up and I just want them to calm down (I haven't had anything with gluten in it since last week when I stopped eating the cereal). I went out and purchased some new cereal for breakfast but its all organic. Organic is high in fibre which affects my bowels and they just won't calm down.

Any suggestions?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I advise you to go to the health food store and buy two homeopathic remedies: Nux vomica, and sepia. They really help me when glutened. Nux vomica helps with indigestion, and sepia with inflammation.

I don't think you ought to eat any gluten-free replacement foods like cereal right now at all, until your digestive system calms down. If I was you, I would eat only easy to digest foods, like chicken, fish, vegetables (not beans) and some fruit like apples and pears. Nothing with grains and/or starches like cereal, bread, cookies, crackers, cake etc.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for your reply! Greatly appreciated. What about rice? Plain old white rice. Would there be any problems with it?

I am going to talk to my boyfriends mom, she visits the health food store all the time, perhaps she has some of those things at home. My only fear is, I have had difficulties with health food products causing diarrhea, will these do that?

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter