Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mama2two

Metal Taste In Mouth

I am gluten free, I have had chronic yeast infection for two yrs now and I take herbal antifungals to assist with this, it gets better then I cheat and it gets worse. Lately, I have noticed a strong metal taste in my mouth. I am thinking that I have issues with heavy metal toxicity, and I am wondering if this metal taste is occurring when I have yeast issues or when they are dying off and i am getting rid of them. I read somewhere that the metals bind with the yeast, so I am wondering if they die, do they release the metals? this may sound, crazy, but I am just wondering? Any ideas on getting rid of metals would also be appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

When I was detoxing from heavy metals using Lugol's iodine in max. doses, I noticed a change in how things tasted for about 3 days... it could be described as a metal taste that made all my food taste differently.

It is very possible that the herbs you are taking are doing a slow metal detox.. in time when the metals are out of your body, the taste should return.

ML

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I get this if I get barley even in trace amounts. Could you be getting trace amounts somewhere? Some of the dairy replacement milks use barley and don't disclose it so that might be one place. Some supplements that are labeled gluten free also use barley grass.

May not be the cause for you but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I know that a metalic taste is a side effect of certain medicines and also herbal remedies.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Has the color of your tongue changed?

Two symptoms of pernicious anemia (link to Celiac disease)

change of taste

and a dark red colored tongue

You should probably get a medical examination.

Michigan

I've been lactose intollorant for 14 years. Everytime I've tasted cow's milk, I taste metal.

Obviously, it's more reason to avoid milk products.

4/30/2008 Went Gluten Free

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0202

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,7)

3/19/2009 11 Months Gluten Free:Gluten Sensitivity Stool Test

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 21 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)