Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dally099

Bone Density Scan

so i went for a bone density scan, my doc was wondering as i have some joint pain, and with the restricted diet and such he was a little concerned, i am below average for bone density. now i did have a hysterectomy a couple of years ago, but i had my ovaries left in, anyone else here have this problem. whats a good brand of calcium supplements that are soy and gluten free?

thanks

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My dietician told me to try Nature Made "enhanced absorption" Calcium 750 mg + D + K . They are available at Costco right now. They are gluten free, I don't know about the soy part, but you can check the company website or call customer service. I am also told that you also need to be taking magnesium in order to enhance calcium absorption.

Yeah, the Costco product mentioned above is a good one and a good value. I would also supplement with more D3 however. 1000 IU is generally therapeutic but not too much to be toxic. Costco sells Vit D3 tablets at that dosage as well.

Hi, just had my first bone density scan a couple of weeks ago. I have bad osteoporosis in my spine, and less severe in my legs and hips. The doctor started me on actonel. I have been taking calcium mag. for a long time. The doctor recomended a different calcium suppliment. I was diagnosed with the celiac's a little over a year ago. I had the symptoms a long time before the doctors figured out that I had celiacs. I went to the Vitamin Shop today and picked their brains about what suppliments I needed, along with the doctors recomendations. I got Calcium Citrate plus Magnesium & Vitamin D. I take two capsules 3 times a day. It has no soy, and of course gluten free.

I have osteopenia in 2 of my vertebrae and osteoporosis in 1, but my hip is OK. I'm taking Citracal Plus with Vit D and Magnesium. It is gluten free. I was taking Boniva for 3 months , but had a bad reaction with it.

Toni

Gluten Free - February 16, 2008

Diagnosed with positive bloodwork and biopsy.

No digestive symptoms for the past 25 years, but did have severe anemia, osteoporosis, lactose intolerance and RLS at time of diagnosis.

so i went for a bone density scan, my doc was wondering as i have some joint pain, and with the restricted diet and such he was a little concerned, i am below average for bone density. now i did have a hysterectomy a couple of years ago, but i had my ovaries left in, anyone else here have this problem. whats a good brand of calcium supplements that are soy and gluten free?

thanks

i just had a scan done last month and it showed osteopenia in my hips (I'm 30 and I've lost 2 inches of height in the last few years) not sure about which supplements are gluten-free I haven't had any problems with the ones I got at sams club (I got the Vitamin D with calcium)

i just got diagnosed with osteopenia as well.

it's not fun to be 23 and have to worry about this. BOO.

i think they gave me the body of an 80 year old at birth. i always have health problems beyond my years :lol:

oscal with D says gluten free right on the bottle....YAY!