Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My daughter is 4 and her stomach has been hurting for 5 days now. (since the 9th) ON Sunday (the 11th) My MIL let my daughter (who has celiac) eat pizza that was not gluten-free. Now she is crying in pain about her stomach hurting. Could the extra pain be because of the gluten? :huh:

I called her PCM and the doctor on call said it was just because of the pizza. I'll give her that. I can see that. But I feel awful, my daughter likes her doctors and all but not enough to Request to go to see them. Any ideas or words of wisdom? :huh:

Ange

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My daughter is 4 and her stomach has been hurting for 5 days now. (since the 9th) ON Sunday (the 11th) My MIL let my daughter (who has celiac) eat pizza that was not gluten-free. Now she is crying in pain about her stomach hurting. Could the extra pain be because of the gluten? :huh:

I called her PCM and the doctor on call said it was just because of the pizza. I'll give her that. I can see that. But I feel awful, my daughter likes her doctors and all but not enough to Request to go to see them. Any ideas or words of wisdom? :huh:

Ange

Five days is a long time to have stomach pain. I found that I was usually in pain and had stomach problems for 2 or 3 days if I got glutened and then had another week or so of just feeling fatigued.

I would suggest taking her to the doctor if she doesn't feel better soon.

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

Well, gluten can and does cause some people discomfort for 5 days and longer. However, that doesn't mean there can't be other intolerances, such as dairy, nightshades, soy, etc, not to mention problems with candida. I would expect the pain to subside soon, but there are some things which are known to help, such as marshmallow root, aloe vera juice, and other stuff I don't recall. Try a search for those and I'm sure some of the other things will also be mentioned in the same discussions.

Hope she feels better soon!

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Thanks y'all. She seems to be feeling better today. I'll be glad when she's back to my normal child. We did call the doctor's but they blamed it on the gluten. Which maybe they are right. So we are waiting it out. Again THANK YOU so much!

Ange :D

I find that when I get glutened (or egged or riced :rolleyes: ) and get an awful stomach ache, I take a homeopathic remedy called sepia, which really helps with the pain. Young children can take those remedies, my daughter gives them even to kids under one.

Another thing that calms the stomach is chamomile tea. Kids usually love it if you put a little honey or maple syrup into it (I don't say sugar, because you want to give her something helpful, and sugar is not).

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mint tea is what I use, and I second the use of honey in it. Peppermint, spearmint or lemon balm are all good teas. Chamomile is good UNLESSS one is allergic to ragweed, a common allergen (as I am). It can also cause vomiting if you drink too much.

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

I don't think it sounds abnormal to have five days of stomach pain from gluten.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.