Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katester

Asian Food.

I love cooking and Asian food is definitely my favorite, along with my family. I've been looking for new recipes and have found a ton that could easily be made gluten-free. I just came across one problem- hoisin sauce. Every store I have checked has many different brands of the stuff yet every single one had wheat. I guess soy sauce is a main ingredient and all of the soy sauces used are made with wheat. I'm just wondering if anyone has found a gluten-free brand online or in any stores. Or if there aren't any brands, what would you suggest for a substitute?

Thanks!

symptoms-october 5th, 2007

negative endoscopy and colonoscopy-december 2007

positive bloodwork-january 2008

diagnosed celiac-january 8, 2008

"At the end of the day, the fact that we're still here is reason enough to celebrate."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We use Premier Japan - Hoisin Sauce. It's really good! I think there are other brands, but that's my fav. You can google "gluten free hoisin sauce" and you should come up with a few other brands.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

http://usa.lkk.com/Common/corporate/faq.aspx

Lee Kum Kee has many gluten-free sauces available that may help you with your asian cooking.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I use Roland brand hoisin, it does not have MSG and is gluten-free and delicious. They also have some other great Gluten-free sauces such as fermented black bean and garlic-chili.

"...I tried to explain to the waiter that I could not have anything with flour so he took the flower off the table..."

Live your life each day

greet the tides my friend

we're all nomads; forever on our way

a journey to the end.