Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ill_lergic

Gluten Free Shampoo's For Men

Hello everyone!

I am a gluten-free of a gluten-free...heeee heeee...a little joke but seriously...

My boyfriend has been having a difficult time lately with his diagnosis...and it has been over a year.

I have been trying to be the at home chef and I think i can't stop looking at every label, etc. Poor guy.

Anyways, I was thinking of starting a thread about men's shampoos that are sold at CVS, Walgreens, etc...

He uses Loreal Vive Pro for men and loves it.

Now I can't find anywhere if it is gluten free...are there any suggestions for him as for hair products. He is balding , and as much as it doesn't bother me at all, it does him.

So if any males out there that are gluten-free have any suggestions that would be awesome! OR even females who may know??

Thank you so much for your time.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi and welcome to the board! :D

I've called Loreal several times to check for gluten in their products. The people there are very nice, and can tell you if your boyfriend's shampoo is safe for him.

Just call the 800 number on the back of the bottle, and ask if that product contains gluten. Calling companies is something we have to get used to doing ;)

Best of luck and let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Sounds like he's in good hands :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

oh wow! Thank you for the nice response and fast! I guess I'm used to message boards having a lot of Trolls and angry people who repeat topics.

BUT!! I should have thought of that, thats so in front of my face! LOL Up goes my phone bill ;)

Thank you again...I am so happy to have fallen on this board!

Hello everyone!

I am a gluten-free of a gluten-free...heeee heeee...a little joke but seriously...

My boyfriend has been having a difficult time lately with his diagnosis...and it has been over a year.

I have been trying to be the at home chef and I think i can't stop looking at every label, etc. Poor guy.

Anyways, I was thinking of starting a thread about men's shampoos that are sold at CVS, Walgreens, etc...

He uses Loreal Vive Pro for men and loves it.

Now I can't find anywhere if it is gluten free...are there any suggestions for him as for hair products. He is balding , and as much as it doesn't bother me at all, it does him.

So if any males out there that are gluten-free have any suggestions that would be awesome! OR even females who may know??

Thank you so much for your time.

This is a very basic, fragrance free shampoo that we buy from drugstoredot com as I cannot find this

in a regular drug store or supermarket:

Brand: DHS Clear Shampoo made by Person & Covey, Glendale CA

It has no colors nor fragrances and apparently no gluten

Keep in mind that an "unscented" product is different from "fragrance free"

Unscented means there's a masking fragrance being used

Fragrance free means that there's no perfumes nor making fragrances being used.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

DHS Clear shampoo is gluten-free, is also dye free

they also make a fragrance free gluten-free conditioner, although it has some coloring in it.

You can buy it direct from the company as well

If anyone knows of a gluten-free, ff and dye free conditioner, let me know!

Actually, olive oil with a baking soda rinse doesn't work so bad on my hair, but I think this works only for quite dry hair.

gluten-free (except unintentionally) from 7 Dec 2007

3 gluten-free cousins and counting (1 gold standard, 1 pos blood/no endo, 1 self/dietary diagnosed)

suspect mother was celiac (also, cousin suspects my mother's twin is celiac)

Feb 08 testing 'normal range' for gluten antibodies, IBD and food allergies

Staying off gluten - dietary reaction is compelling for me!

"Hi, I'm the gluten-free diner at your table."