This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Baked Penne & Cheese

sickchick

sickchick Community Regular

Baked Penne & Cheese

Gluten & soy-free

It's been cold here (52 as we speak) and I crave warm cozy soul-soothing foods lol:)

And it turned out AWESOME! The pasta held up for 3 days in the fridge after! (YAY Tinkyada)

And instead of making a 'Roux' I used a package of that Chreese Alfredo style added

milk to that and blended the cheeses into that!

1 package Tinkyada Pasta (I used penne shape- choose your favorite)

1 package 'Chreese' (I ordered mine online)

1 1/2 cups milk

4 oz white cheddar cheese (shredded. if you prefer use yellow cheddar)

8 oz gruyere cheese (shredded)

pinch oregano & basil

kosher salt & pepper

gluten free breadcrumbs for the top

Preheat oven to 350F.

Grab 2 sauce pots (one for pasta and the other for cheese sauce)

Cook pasta according to package directions in one pot, and in the other, add milk and chreese powder mix (make sure to whisk out lumps), add the pinch of oregano & basil now as well as the kosher salt & pepper. Heat to Med, while whisking, and bring to boil. Turn heat off and add shredded cheeses, stir well.

In a 4-quart baking dish (I love my Pyrex) spray the edges and bottom well with Pam (which is gluten free). When pasta is done, drain, then add to cheese mixture and stir to distribute evenly.

Pour pasta & cheese into the baking dish, sprinkle bread crumbs with some ground pepper on top, then put in oven and set timer for 25 minutes. Add more time if not quite bubbly and brown.

Serves 4. B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Mmm, that sounds good.

munkee41182 Explorer

I'm hungry now :angry:

I think my Fiance is going to be trying a lot of new foods!

:lol:
JNBunnie1 Community Regular
:lol:

I'm lazy, so I do baked mac & cheese with a pound of dry pasta in lots of melted butter in a casserole dish, spices to taste, a CRAPLOAD of cheese shredded on top, and then pour milk over the whole thing til you can see it almost rise above the cheese, and bake at 350 for 45 min. My boyfriend always offer to shred the cheese (cuz it's a lot) if I'll make it. Really good if you put little cubes of cream cheese under the shredded cheese too.

Maybe I'll get the gumption up to try your more labor intensive version sometime, this looks really good.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA OMG that is hysterical!!! :lol:

But seriously...I use my 'cuisinart' to shred my cheese for me! And I keep bread crumbs in a tupperware in my freezer! ;)

lovelove

Wonka Apprentice
Baked Penne & Cheese

Gluten & soy-free

It's been cold here (52 as we speak) and I crave warm cozy soul-soothing foods lol:)

And it turned out AWESOME! The pasta held up for 3 days in the fridge after! (YAY Tinkyada)

And instead of making a 'Roux' I used a package of that Chreese Alfredo style added

milk to that and blended the cheeses into that!

1 package Tinkyada Pasta (I used penne shape- choose your favorite)

1 package 'Chreese' (I ordered mine online)

1 1/2 cups milk

4 oz white cheddar cheese (shredded. if you prefer use yellow cheddar)

8 oz gruyere cheese (shredded)

pinch oregano & basil

kosher salt & pepper

gluten free breadcrumbs for the top

Preheat oven to 350F.

Grab 2 sauce pots (one for pasta and the other for cheese sauce)

Cook pasta according to package directions in one pot, and in the other, add milk and chreese powder mix (make sure to whisk out lumps), add the pinch of oregano & basil now as well as the kosher salt & pepper. Heat to Med, while whisking, and bring to boil. Turn heat off and add shredded cheeses, stir well.

In a 4-quart baking dish (I love my Pyrex) spray the edges and bottom well with Pam (which is gluten free). When pasta is done, drain, then add to cheese mixture and stir to distribute evenly.

Pour pasta & cheese into the baking dish, sprinkle bread crumbs with some ground pepper on top, then put in oven and set timer for 25 minutes. Add more time if not quite bubbly and brown.

Serves 4. B)

I made a great baked pasta dish last night. I roasted Italian plum tomatoes (cut in half and tossed in evoo), red,yellow and orange peppers, yellow pattypan squash, zucchini, sweet onion and garlic. Tossed in a bowl, throw in 1 cup creamy ricotta cheese, cubes of mozzarella cheese (or fontina), cooked Tinkayada penne and chiffonades of basil (I like lots, fresh oregano would have been nice too). Toss it all together, pour into a pan, grate parmesan cheese on top and bake at 375 F for 20 minutes. Yum. I have two vegetarians in the house so I cooked gluten free sweet italian sausage and those of us that eat meat sprinkled some on top of our pasta.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I made a great baked pasta dish last night. I roasted Italian plum tomatoes (cut in half and tossed in evoo), red,yellow and orange peppers, yellow pattypan squash, zucchini, sweet onion and garlic. Tossed in a bowl, throw in 1 cup creamy ricotta cheese, cubes of mozzarella cheese (or fontina), cooked Tinkayada penne and chiffonades of basil (I like lots, fresh oregano would have been nice too). Toss it all together, pour into a pan, grate parmesan cheese on top and bake at 375 F for 20 minutes. Yum. I have two vegetarians in the house so I cooked gluten free sweet italian sausage and those of us that eat meat sprinkled some on top of our pasta.

YUM! B) OMG now I miss nightshades bad HAHAHHAHA :lol:;)

Archived